If you are looking for the best way to get started with the Kanbanize Reports, first check out the dedicated article.
The Initiatives and Outcomes report delivers a way to follow the progress of your Initiatives, Outcomes, and Checkpoints.
You can access this report from the Reporting Facility.
Note: For the time being, the report is only available in a Table view.
Important: the report only uses data from your initiatives, outcomes, and checkpoints. Regular cards (from the Cards workflow) will not be listed in this report.
Running the Initiatives and Outcomes report
To run an Initiatives and Outcomes Status report you have to configure your data from the left side menu as you would do when using the Advanced Search.
Note: while the Board and Section pills are already selected by default, you can remove both of them from the X in the top right corner.
Once you configure your criteria for the report, you can run it by clicking on the blue magnifying glass button.
When you run it, it will return a table with predefined columns.
You can also further customize those from the Configure Results menu in the top right corner.
The predefined columns of the report can be divided into 3 groups:
- Item ID – The IDs of your initiative, outcome, or checkpoint. Note that the outcomes and checkpoints are represented as a combination of IDs.
- Name – The name of your initiative, outcome, or checkpoint.
- Parent IDs – The IDs of an initiative’s, outcome’s or checkpoint’s parent.
- Type – An indication of whether an item is an initiative, an outcome, or a checkpoint.
Progress and Projection
- Outcome Progress – The progress of an outcome based on your current and target values. For the checkpoints, the progress is defined as the outcome’s current value based on the checkpoint’s target value.
- Outcome Progress Expected – A linear calculation of an outcome’s expected progress based on your initiative’s start and end dates. Respectively, the % expected progress of a checkpoint is based on the actual progress of the outcome toward the target date of the checkpoint.
- Outcome Projection – A projection for the completion of an outcome based on the initiative’s target date. Respectively, the projection for the completion of a checkpoint is based on its target date. This field is not applicable to initiatives.
- Work Progress – The current work progress of an initiative based on the status of its child cards.
- Work Progress Expected – A linear calculation of an initiative’s current expected progress based on its end date.
Note: The Outcome progress/expected/projection columns are not applicable to initiatives. Similarly, the work progress/expected columns are not applicable to Outcomes and Checkpoints.
Target Dates/Values and Children work
- Target date – The end date of an initiative, outcome, or checkpoint.
- Start/Target/Current – The respective values of an outcome or a checkpoint.
- Children total/finished/in progress/not started – a numeric overview of the state that a child card of an initiative is currently in.
Note: The start/target/current values are not applicable to initiatives whereas all children-related columns are not applicable to outcomes and checkpoints.