The Beta Integration is for validation purposes and supports only Create and Status Update of Service Tickets in ConnectWise.
The use-case scenario is for specific Service Tickets being created in ConnectWise and to be shown at the Kanbanize Board where a custom workflow is required. The Tickets (cards) are processed in Kanbanize, and then updated/closed to ConnectWise when completed (Moved to the "Done" column) in Kanbanize.
- Ticket is created in ConnectWise - a corresponding card is created in Kanbanize
- A ticket status is updated in ConnectWise - the corresponding Kanbanize card is moved to a column with the same name as the ticket status. If there is no corresponding card, a new card will be created.
- A Kanbanize card is created - a corresponding CW ticket is created
- A Kanbanize card is moved - a corresponding CW ticket status is updated
Note: In Kanbanize the extlink field points to the ticket in ConnectWise, so the team processing the tickets in Kanbanize, could easily open the original source of the information, log time, ask the customer and so on, while the detailed workflow tracking is done in Kanbanize.
Important: The link to your ConnectWise system might be a very specific one per customer and if the default one is not working, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set it up for your integration.
Configure: ConnectWise to Kanbanize
Create a board in Kanbanize with the same name as the board holding the tickets in ConnectWise. If you have several ConnectWise board you should create several Kanbanize boards with the same names
Edit the Kanbanize boards workflow so that the column names match the tickets status names.
Available incoming ConnectWise to Kanbanize calls - must be triggered from ConnectWise Callback.
How to configure a ConnectWise Callback:
- Navigate to System > Setup Tables > Integrator Login
- Enable the Service Ticket API Callback
- Choose a Service Ticket board
- Set “Use legacy callback format” to false
- Add the Kanbanize integration URL to the Callback field - Example: https://yourKanbanizeCompanyName.kanbanize.com/integrations/ctrl_connectwisebeta/input?apikey=JHomcwRCuQZ1kn8jQlauz82xnzGbwUvv9RGoUPga&id=
Important: The “id” parameter must always be the last parameter in the url
- Save the Callback setup
apikey: Set the API key of any of your Kanbanize users.
We recommend using a dedicated Administrator user or a standard user (e.g. ConnectWise_user) with permissions to access and modify cards on the desired boards.
Where to find the user's key in the Kanbanize web version:
- Click on the username in the upper right corner
- Click on My account
- Select API
More information regarding ConnectWise Callbacks: https://developer.connectwise.com/Manage/Callbacks
Configure: Kanbanize to ConnectWise
This part of the integration works through the Kanbanize Runtime Policies.
When a Runtime policy is triggered you could either create a ConnectWise ticket or Update the status of an existing ticket corresponding to the card that triggered the policy.
Create Two Runtime Policies with a Web Service Invoke action with the following configurations:
Triggers: Card is Updated / Card is Created for the second one.
Username - ConnectWiseCompanyID+ConnectWisePublicKey
Password - ConnectWiseprivatekey
Username - ConnectWiseCompanyID+ConnectWiseIntegratorLogin
Password - ConnectWiseIntegratorPassword
Username - MyConnectWiseCompanyName+GGhHzipvoK7A7CjL
Password - bJzHzp5x1G3uVpEj
More info regarding how to authenticate to CW - https://developer.connectwise.com/Manage/Authentication
Send the parameters in the body of the web service call: Mark as Checked
kanbanize_payload - Kanbanize Payload (this is set by default)
cwurl - https://api-YourConnectWiseSite/v4_6_release/apis/3.0/service
When a card is created this additional parameter is required.
cwcompanyidentifier - The company id of the company for which the ticket is created.
To find all CW companies ids go to Companies->Companies and hit Search
All CW tickets created from the integration will have their company field set to this company.
Headers: apikey - Set the API key of any of your Kanbanize users.