We recommend all users to customize their avatar and upload an image for easier recognition and identification in the system.
The avatar displays in several places in Kanbanize:
- on the cards assigned to you
- in the User Administration panel
- in the dropdown list that appears when mentioning a user via the "@" symbol
1. How to add an avatar?
Step 1: Go to the upper right side of your board interface and select "My account" to open your account details.
Step 2: Click the plus icon to the left side of the panel. There are two options you can select:
- To upload a file from your computer.
If you want to crop the file, click on the image and drag a square to select that part of the image that you want to make visible. Click on "crop image" and your avatar will be uploaded.
- To set an external link - copy the image address you want to use as an avatar and enter the URL in the dedicated field. Note that the URL needs to be HTTPS. Click on Save and the image will be uploaded.
Note: You have to refresh your browser (F5 or Ctrl+R) to see the changes reflected.
If you have changed your avatar, but the old image is still displayed (although you have received the system confirmation message “Avatar has been modified”) -> you have to clear your browser cache (Ctrl+ F5).
2. How to remove your avatar?
To remove your avatar, click the plus icon next to the image and select Remove avatar. Don't forget to save the changes.