1. How to invite users to your Kanbanize account: introduction
- Access the Administration panel and use the Invite users link.
- Go to the Sidebar and use the Invite Users button
Note: If there are no free license seats in your account, the new users will be invited, but they will not be able to register in the account. When they click the invitation link, the following error message appears:
In this case, you have to either contact the Kanbanize sales team to upgrade your account or disable a user and use their free license.
Tip: Users with the relevant permissions can check the total number of license seats vs. registered users at the bottom right corner of the Users Panel in the Administration.
2. How to Invite Users from the Administration Panel?
Step 1: Open the Administration panel via the icon at the upper right side of your account.
Step 2: Click the Invite User button to open the invitation panel.
Step 3: The panel allows you to:
- Invite users individually by entering their email address in the dedicated field (1)
- Bulk import users from xlsx, xls, csv and txt files (2)
Step 4: Once you send the individual invite, the system opens an extra panel and prompts you to checkmark the boards to which you want to assign the user.
Otherwise, when accessing the account, users will see an empty dashboard. From the panel, you also have the option to grant the user a Worspace Manager status (1) or to select a user role (2).
- (1) Workspace Manager for the selected board(s). If you tick the respective box, the user will get full permissions for all boards that belong to the respective Workspace.
- (2) If you don't assign the user as a Workspace manager, set a checkmark on the board and define a role from the dropdown list. You can select between the default system role and any of the custom roles that you have defined.
Step 5: When you complete the invitation process, the user will be added to the Users management panel having a status "not confirmed" until they accept their email invitation.
Note: You will not be able to edit not-confirmed members' settings.
If you need to resend the invite, click the grey envelop. Please note that resending the invite will make the original one invalid.
Step 6: When the user that you invited confirms the invitation you will see their names in the Users panel.
3. Import users in bulk using Excel file
Step 1: Open the Administration panel and click the Invite users button.
Step 2: Select Import Users from File.
You can import users from xlsx, xls, csv, and txt files.
For xlsx and xls files, put all emails in the first column, one email per row.
For CSV files, put all emails with a comma delimiter.
For txt files, put each email on a new line without any delimiter.
-> Browse the file to upload it to Kanbanize and send bulk invites to the users.
Step 3: You will get a system confirmation message that the users have been imported successfully. Users will receive Kanbanize Invitations in their mailboxes.
Step 4: Go ahead and assign the new users to the Boards from the Administration panel.
Use the Board Members tab or the Assigned Boards option of the Registration Members Settings that belongs to every user.
4. Invite users from the Board sidebar
Step 1: You can invite users directly from your board -> use the Invite Users button on the sidebar located to the right side of your Board interface.
Step 2: Enter an email address to invite someone new or search for a person in the account by username or email address to add them to the current board.
When you enter/select the email, the panel prompts you to define the user role for that board.