You need to have an Account Owner privilege to invite users to your Kanbanize account.
There are several ways to invite users:
- use the Invite Users button in the Administration Panel to send an individual invite (p.1)
- use the Invite Users button in the Administration Panel to invite users in bulk (p.2)
- use the Invite Users button in the Sidebar located to the right side of your board interface (p.3)
1. Invite Users through the Administration Panel
Step 1: Open the Administration panel via the icon at the upper right side of your account.
Step 2: Click the Invite User button to open the invitation panel.
Step 3: The panel allows you to:
- Invite individually users by entering their email address in the dedicated field (1).
- Bulk import users from xlsx, xls, csv and txt files (2) - check p. 2
Step 4: Once you send the individual invite, the system opens an extra panel and prompts you to checkmark the boards to which you want to assign the user. Otherwise, when accessing the account, users will see an empty dashboard. From the panle, you have the option to make the user:
- (1) a Workspace Manager for the selected board(s). If you tick the respective box, the user will get full permissions for those boards.
- (2) If you don't assign the user as a Workspace manager, set a checkmark on the board and define a Role from the dropdown list. You can select between the default system role and any of the custom roles that you have defined.
Step 5: When you complete the invitation process, the user will be added to the Users management panel having a status not confirmed until they accept the email invitation.
You will not be able to edit not-confirmed members' settings.
-> Click the grey envelop to resend the invite if necessary. Please note that resending the invite will make the original one invalid.
Step 6: When the user that you invited confirms the invitation you will see their names in the Users panel.
2. Import users from an Excel file in bulk
Step 1: Open the Administration panel and click the Invite users button.
Step 2: Select Import Users from File.
You can import users from xlsx, xls, csv, and txt files.
For xlsx and xls files, put all emails in the first column, one email per row.
For CSV files, put all emails with a comma delimiter.
For txt files, put each email on a new line without any delimiter.
-> Browse the file to upload it to Kanbanize and send bulk invites to the users.
Step 3: You will get a system confirmation message that the users have been imported successfully. Users will receive Kanbanize Invitations in their mailboxes.
Step 4: Go ahead and assign the new users to the Boards from the Administration panel.
Use the Board Members tab or the Assigned Boards option of the Registration Members Settings that belongs to every user.
3. Invite users from the Board sidebar
Step 1: You can invite users directly from your board -> use the Invite Users button on the sidebar located to the right side of your Board interface.
Step 2: Enter an email address to invite someone new or search for a person in the account by username or email address to add them to the current board.
When you enter/select the email, the panel prompts you to define the user role for that board.
Note: If there are no free license seats in your account, the new users will be invited, but they will not be able to register in the account. When they click the invitation link, the following error message will appear:
In this case, you have to either disable a user and use their free license or contact Kanbanize sales team to upgrade your account.