1. How to invite users to your Kanbanize account: introduction
Only users with Account Owner privilege or users granted with the "invite users" privilege can invite new users to the Kanbanize account.
There are two ways to invite new users:
- Access the Administration Panel and use the invite users link
- Go to the sidebar and use the invite users button
Note: If there are no free licence seats in your account, the new users will be invited, but they will not be able to register in the account. When they click the invitation, an error message appears:
"You do not have permissions to access the system. Please, contact your registration administrator. If you need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org".
In this case, you have to either upgrade your account or disable a user that is not actively working in the system and use their free license.
TIP: Users with the relevant permissions can check the total number of license seats vs registered users at the bottom right corner of the Users tab in the Administration.
2. How to Invite users from the Administration?
Step 1: Open the Administration panel from the upper right side of your account interface and select "Users".
Step 2: In the User Management panel, click the "Invite Users" button to open the dedicated invitation panel.
Step 3: The system allows you to:
- Invite users individually by entering their email addresses in the dedicated field (1)
- Bulk Import of users from xlsx, xls, csv and txt files (2)
Step 4: When you send the individual invite, the system opens an extra panel and prompts you to:
- Checkmark the boards to which you want to assign the user to (1)
- Define the user role for the respective board (2) You can select between the default system role and any other custom role that you have defined.
- Note: You can grant the user with a Workspace Manager status (3). If you tick off the respective box, the user will get full permissions for all boards that belong to the corresponding Workspace. This status overrides any user role.
Step 5: When you complete the invitation process, the user will be added to the list of users under the Users tab of the Administration. Their status is "not confirmed" until they accept the email invitation.
Note: If you need to resent the invite, click the grey envelop of the respective user. Re-sending the invite will make the previous one invalid.
Step 6: When the user confirms the Kanbanize invitation, you will see their names.
3. Import users in bulk using Excel file
Step 1: Open the Administration panel and click the "Invite users" button.
Step 2: Select, "Invite users from file" button (2) and import users from xlsx, xls, cvs, txt files.
For xlsx and xls files, put all emails in the first colum, one per row.
For cvs files, put all emails with a comma delimiter.
For the txt fiels, put each email on a new line without any delimiter.
Step 2: You will get a system confirmation messages that the users have been imported successfully. Users will receive Kanbanize invitations in their mailbox.
Step 3: Go ahead and assign the new users to the Boards from the Administration panel. Use the Board Members tab or the Assigned Boards option in the Registration member settings that belong to every user.
4. How to invite users from the Board sidebar?
Step 1: You can invite users directly from your board. Use the "Invite Users" button on the Sidebar located to the right side of your Board interface.
Step 2: Enter an email address to invite someone new or search for a person in the account by username or email address to add them to the current board.
When you enter/select the email, the panel prompts you to define the user role for that board.