2. Assign users to boards during the invitation process
3. Assign users via the Board members tab in the Administration
4. Assign users via the Registration Member settings in the Administration
5. How to unassign users from a board?
6. How to change the user role of the assigned user?
You need to be either a user with an Account Owner privilege, a Workspace Manager or have a custom board role that has the 'add users to board' permission in order to be able to assign users to different boards.
There are several ways to assign users to the boards in your Kanbanize account:
- assign users to the boards during the invitation process.
- use the Board Members tab in the Administration Panel.
- use the "Assigned boards" option of the Registration Members settings in the Users tab.
2. Assign users to the boards in your account during the Invitation process.
Once you send an individual invitation for Kanbanize via email, the system opens an extra panel and prompts you to checkmark the boards to which you want to assign the user.
Otherwise, when accessing the account, users will see an empty dashboard. From the panel, you also have the option to grant users with a role (2) or to give them a Workspace Manager status (1) for the selected Workspace.
- (1) Workspace Manager for the selected board(s). If you tick this box, the user will get full permissions for all boards that belong to the respective Workspace.
- (2) If you don't assign the user as a Workspace manager, set a checkmark on the board and define a role from the dropdown list. You can select between the default system role and any of the custom roles that you have created.
3. Assign users via the Board Members tab in the Administration
Step 1: Open the Administration menu and select "Board members".
Step 2: Use the Board Members panel (img.1) to perform the following actions:
(1) Choose the Board from the drop-down menu.
(2) Go to the "Non-members of the Board" panel and select the user you want to assign to the board. You have to checkmark the respective box.
(3) Click on the "Assign users" button. The system prompts you to select a User Role and then the user will be added to the "Members of the Board" panel.
Note: if the user is already assigned as a Workspace manager, the Role panel will not appear.
Note: User roles are provided per board, which means that users can have different roles on different boards depending on their responsibilities.
When someone creates a new board, they are automatically assigned as Workspace Manager to this board.
4. Assign users via the Registration Member settings in the Administration.
Step 1: Open the Administration Panel and go to the Users tab to get the list of all registered users in your account.
To assign a user, select the registration member settings (the three dots icon) of the selected user and then select "Assigned boards".
A new panel opens (Img.2), where you can see all Workspaces and boards available in your account. From this panel, you can see to which boards the user is currently assigned to as well as their user roles.
If you want to assign a user to a new Board, you have to mark the Board checkbox.
You have the option to assign the user as a Workspace Manager (1) or select a role (2) (default/custom).
The Workspace Manager overrides any other role you have granted to the user in the respective workspace. Just don't forget to assign the user to the boards in the respective Workspace.
5. How to unassign users from a board?
Select the Board members tab in the Administration panel.
(1) Choose Workspace and a Board from the drop-down menu.
(2) Go to the "Members of the Board" panel and checkmark the user you want to unassign.
(3) Click on the "Unassign users" button and the user will no longer have access to this board.
6. How to change the User role of an assigned User?
Go to the Board Members tab of the Administration panel. Then select the Workspace and the board from the drop-down menu and go to the "Members of the Board" panel.
Click the edit icon (the pencil) that belongs to every user to activate the edit mode and select the new user role from the drop-down menu. Click the green checkmark to save the changes you made.