Table of Contents:
The first step you should do after registering a Kanbanize account is creating a Workspace.
The Workspace is made available on the All Workspaces (Home Page) Dashboard and it is represented by a blue or green icon. Think of a Workspace as the environment that collects the Kanban Boards of different departments in your organization.
There are two types of Workspace: Team Workspace (the blue icon 1) and Management Workspace (the green icon 2).
The Security Controls and the Card Controls provide а way to manage your security environment at a global account level. You need to be an Account Owner or Workspace Manager to be able to create a Workspace.
There is a permission that is controlled from the Security Controls in the Administration:
- Only Account Owners can create workspaces and boards - If enabled, it allows the creation of workspaces and boards only by Account Owners. If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to create boards too.
- Only Account Owners can delete workspaces and boards - If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to delete the boards that they are assigned to.
For more detailed information, please check out the dedicated article.
2. How to Create a new Workspace
You can create as many workspaces as you need and each workspace can contain multiple Kanban boards.
Step 1: To create a new workspace, use the plus icon in the "My Workspaces" section.
You can select to create a Team Workspace (1) or a Management Workspace (2).
(1) The Team Workspace is a collection of team Kanban boards where a team collaborates. A typical Workplace name would be "Engineering", "Marketing", "Operations", "Development team", etc. Under the Workspace, you can create multiple Kanban boards to reflect the processes of the team in the respective department.
For example, under the "Marketing" team Workspace, you can create "Content Writers board", "SEO board", "Marketing Events Board", etc.
For more information, please read the dedicated article.
(2) The Management Workspace is designed for Project Managers, Project owners, Delivery managers, and C-level managers. The Management Workspace capability allows managers to select any existing Kanban board they are interested in and to display their respective Initiatives flows all in one place. The boards you select usually represent projects or products that you manage across the account.
This creates a unified visualization platform that allows managers to watch and track the progress of all Initiatives in their projects.
For more information, please check the dedicated article.
The Workspaces along with the board get created on your All Workspaces Home Page. If you want to add new Boards that belong to the respective Workspace, you have to click the Add board icon and give it a name. Note that every Board you create can be customized to reflect a different process via the workflow designer.
Kanbanize allows you to create multiple custom dashboards with highly customizable layouts to meet the unique needs of your organization.
When you create your Dashboard, you select to add a Workspace (1) or a Widget (2) in order to keep all vital information for a certain project, team, or any business division in one screen.
To learn more about custom Dashboards, please check the dedicated article.
It is possible to use dashboards at any level of your business operations. You can select to organize your dashboards by departments, projects, teams, and product categories that suit your business or individual needs.