There are two ways to access the Project and Board Settings:
1. Click on the Project Settings icon (dotted menu) of a project and select Manage Boards.
2. Click on the Board Settings icon of a Board and select Board Settings.
In both cases the Manage Boards tab opens up. On the left side of the panel, you can view the list of your boards in the project.
- If you have accessed the panel from the Project Settings menu, note that the first board in the left panel is highlighted by default. Don't forget to select the board you want to configure from the list of boards.
-If you have accessed the panel from the Board Settings menu of the corresponding board, same board will be highlighted, so you can directly configure its Global Board Settings.
Note: You only need to click on a setting and the changes will be applied, you will not be prompted to confirm the action to save the changes.
Via the Global Board Settings, you can configure the following settings for your board:
- Card size type: choose between numeric values (any numeric value allowed), T-shirt sizes (S,M,L,XL, etc.), or Fibonacci sequence.
- Allow exceeding limits: here you can define, if you allow the WIP Limits of a column to be exceeded; exceeded only when providing a reason; or not exceeded at all.
- Swimlanes in backlog and archive: configure if you want to make the swimlanes visible in the backlog and archive columns of the board.
- Make columns description visible: If you choose Yes, the columns' description (what action is executed in this particular column) will be shown under the columns. This is useful when the workflow of the board is more complex, so that all board members know which process to follow when working on the board. If you select No, the description will be visible only if you hover the mouse over the column name.
- Note: you have to define the column descriptions per column in the Edit Workflow panel first. Use the Settings icon of the Column to open the Edit Column panel - > add instructions for the intended usage of the column in the Column description text box.