1. How to Manage/Add Custom fields in the card?
You can extend your standard card fields by adding your own custom fields. The custom fields in Kanbanize give a great flexibility and allow you to extend the Kanban cards without any practical limit.
1.1 To add a Custom Filed -> click on the Board Settings - the dotted icon that belongs to every board and select Board Settings.
1.2 Add a default custom field
You can choose to add a predefined custom field (Image 1) by selecting it from the dropdown list.
The defaulted custom fields in Kanbanize are as follows:
- Reporter: if you add this custom field to the card, the system will automatically indicate in the field who has created the card.
- Created at: if you add this custom field to the card, the system will automatically indicate in the field when the card was created (date/hour).
- Last modified: if you add this custom field to the card, the system will automatically indicate in the field the last time when the card has been modified.
To add the custom field to this particular project’s board click on "Add to Board" button.
2. How to add a new custom field?
2.1 To Add a new custom field (for example: Price) → click on Add new field in the dropdown menu OR select the upper right tab - Custom fields.
2.2 A new panel appears -> select Add New Custom Field to open up the next panel.
2.3 To define the custom field, enter a name in the text box (e.g. Price) and choose the data type (Text, Date, Number, Contributor, Link, Dropdown).
2.4 Enter a default value if you need it (this is optional*) and click on the checkmark button.
* If you enter a default value it will be constant data for that field - > click on the checkmark sign to create the field.
2.5 The new custom field will be created in the same Configuration panel under "Fields in project".
Note: Custom fields are available on a board level, but you can also share them between projects -> checkmarh the empty box that belongs to "Share between projects" if you want to make it available for the other projects in your account.
Upon this stage, your custom field has been created -> now you have to add it the Board in order to make it available in the cards.
2.6 Go to the "Manage Boards" tab on the top left side of the panel.
2.7 Make sure that you have selected the board, where the custom field belongs. For example, if you want it available in thе [RnD] All features board - select the board - it will be markd in light blue.
2.8 Select the custom field that you have created from the dropdown list.
Note: please, consider the optional parameters:
- Default value - set up a value and the field will have a single constant value. No need of manual input.
- Mandatory - if you mark the default custom filed as Mandatory, it will be present in every new card, created on the board. In case that the field is not mandatory it will be available, but not visible and you have to manually add it from the Custom field card section.
Important: When you add custom fields to a Kanban board, they appear as choices in the Custom field section of each task. In case that the custom field is not mandatory -> click on Add Field -> select the custom field and it will appear on the card.