There are a few possible ways to create a card on your board:
1. Right click with your mouse on the area of the board (section: column and swimlane) where you want the new card to be created. Usually, this is the "Backlog" or the "Request" column. Click on the “+” icon to create a card, which is representing a task on the board.
Fill in the information relevant to the task (e.g. title; priority; assignee, create subtasks relevant to the task, etc.) and select " Add Card" on the bottom right corner of the card to create it.
2. Use the Create a Card button on the top right side of the board tо create a new card in the Requested column.
3. Double- click your mouse in the area where you want the card to be created and select Add card button.
Create a card over email
By setting up the Kanbanize email integration, you can create a card on the board via email. The email integration feature hooks your inbox to а Kanban board of your choice. All you need to do is to send an email to your integrated email with Kanbanize – the subject of the email defines the name of the board where the card is to be created and the card title, while the email body is used to define the card parameters such as: assignee, column, priority, etc.
For more information, refer to the following article: https://kanbanize.com/blog/create-and-update-cards-over-email/
Create a card via API
To create a new card using the Kanbanize API, you have to send an https POST request to: https://<subdomain>.kanbanize.com/index.php/api/kanbanize/<function>
<subdomain> is the subdomain of your Kanbanize account
<function> is create_new_task.
For more information, review the following article: https://kanbanize.com/api/#create_new_task
Import cards to populate your Board
You can populate your Kanban board by importing cards from an Excel file. To achieve that → go to the grid menu of your board interface and select the import/export icon.
When the import panel pops up → review the sample files (See sample files) and structure your Excel file accordingly. Pay attention to the Notes in order to be aware of the allowed import fields and date formats.
Create your Excel file as per the requirements and click the Browse button to select the: xls or xlsx file for importing.
The file will be scanned for compatibility. The presence of a red column signalizes that the field is not recognized by the system and will be ignored during the import procedure. Note: The only mandatory field is the Title of the card.
If you want to edit the red column in order to match the requirements of the system, change the file and upload the correct version again. Just in a while, the cards will be populated on your Kanban board and your team can start processing them.
Create your cards via the Kanbanize Chrome Extension for your Browser
This plug in helps you to create cards on your Kanbanize board, without accessing your account.
How to make use out of it?
1. Find the extension in the Chrome web store - a key word is “kanbanize”. Confirm the addition of the app to your browser.
2. The extension will be positioned in your browser’s banner. Click on the Kanbanize icon to open the panel.
3. Use your: Account name (subdomain.kanbanize.com) and login credentials to access it.
4. Define the board as well as the specific column and swim lane where you want the card to be created. Fill in the Title of the card/task and add a description, if necessary.
Once you click on the Create Card button, the system notifies you that the card has been created successfully on the board in your accout.
Learn more about what is a Kanban card.