1. Using card comments.
Creating card comments is the easiest way to communicate with your team and share task-related information with the rest of the team members. The Card Comments tab capabilities facilitate team collaboration and email management from the card.
A rich-text editor is visible in the Comment text box.
Insert your message and click on the panel at the top left side of the text box to select the type of comment you want to create:
- Add Comment (Ctrl + Shift +C)
- Send as Email (Ctrl+Shift+E)
- Reply to Author (Ctrl+R)
- Reply to All (Ctrl+Shift+R)
Click on Add Comment to the bottom right corner of the card or Press the Spacebar to add your message. Users can directly switch to the email options with the short keys above.
To add a Comment -> just type your message and click on Add comment or use the shortcut (Ctrl + Shift +C).
If you want to get your colleague’s attention (a registered Kanbanize user) on a specific topic or simply want to communicate via the card, you can use the “@” mention symbol.
Once you type in “@“ → the system opens up a drop-down list with the names of all registered users in the account. Select the user that you want to notify or approach and type your message.
If a few team members leave comments to the card -> they will be added in a chat-like format for more structured and easy to follow communication.
2. Send your comment as an email from the card.
- Send it as Email (Ctrl+Shift+E): with this option, you can send your comment as an email from the card.
Your Kanbanize notification email will appear in the "From" field. In the "To" field, add the recipients. You can send emails to anyone (external email or a registered Kanbanize user).
Note: You need to set up an SPF record to be able to send emails from your personal Kanbanize registration email and get replies back in the card.
- Reply to Author (Ctrl+R): with this option, you can send an email directly to the card creator - a registered Kanbanize user. The system will automatically add a recipient - this will be the username of the card author or the person who sent an email to the integrated email address.
Note: If you have set up email integration in Kanbanize and a card was created by email (refer to the dedicated article about Email integration), you can go to the comment section of the card -> click on Reply to Author and when you add a comment the author will receive an email with your reply.
If the author replies back, the email will be created as a comment on the card. This way the entire email thread will be kept in the comment section of the card. To answer to the latest comment, click on the arrow (reply/reply all) at the right side of the comment.
- Reply to All (Ctrl+Shift+R): use this option when you want to send a follow-up email to both the sender and all recipients of an email in the card.
3. Different ways to open your card comments
You can open the comments of a card in three different ways:
- Click on the comments icon at the card closed view.
Note: To make the comments icon visible at the closed card view - > go to the sidebar at the right side of your board interface and click on the -> Configure Card View -> select "Show comments".
- Open the card by clicking on the card ID or double click on the card and go to the Comments tab panel.
3.3 Open the context menu of the card and select Comment.
4. How to edit/delete card comments?
If you want to edit or delete a card comment - > open comments tab and hover over the Comment -> use the respective icons.
Note: You can only edit comments created by yourself unless you have administrative privileges. Comments, which are sent as emails cannot be edited at all.