There are two ways to notify Kanbanize users via a card or an initiative.
- use the @ symbol to mention a user
- use the default notifications e-mail address in the Comments tab of a card/initiative
1. How to mention a user?
If you want to get your colleague’s attention (a registered Kanbanize user) on a specific topic or simply want to communicate via the card, you can use the “@” symbol.
Type the "@" symbol in the work item's description, comment, or subtask's text box field.
When you type in the “@“ symbol, the system opens up a drop-down list with the following options:
(1) Owner: select this option to mention and notify the Card Owner.
(2) Owners: select this option to mention and notify the Card's Owner and any Co-Owners of the card.
(3) Reporter: select this option to mention and notify the Card Creator.
(4) Board Members: select this option to mention all users that are members of the board (on which the card is located). Note that there is a limit of 50 users that you can mention using this option.
Below Board Members, the system provides a list of all individual users assigned to the board.
If you want to select a specific user, select their name and type your message.
What happens when you mention a user?
Whenever you mention a user, they will receive an in-app notification and an email notification.
The in-app notification allows the user to quickly preview the work item from which they have been mentioned. The notification needs to be explicitly marked as read before it will disappear from the user's notifications menu.
The email notification will contain the following information:
(1) Name of the user who has mentioned you
(2) The Title and ID of the work item from which the notification was sent out
(3) The message of the user
(4) Card details such as the Title and Description
Note: If the recipient clicks on the Card title (2), they will be redirected to the Kanbanize account, and the corresponding card will automatically open (if they are already logged in from that browser).
2. How to contact a user via the Comments tab?
You can send emails directly from the Kanban card using the Email option in the Comments tab.
Open the Comment tab of the card and press "E" to open the email client mode of the card.
Use the drop-down menu in the "From" field to select an email that your recipients will see.
The email address: email@example.com is a default e-mail address, and no additional justifications are required.
You can send emails to anyone (external email and/or a registered user within the account).
IMPORTANT: If you send emails from firstname.lastname@example.org to external users and they reply back, their answers will be lost. The notifications email is used mainly for notifications purposes and communication inside the team (registered Kanbanize users).
Note: In case you want to communicate with non-registered users from the card and respectively keep your mail thread within the card Comments tab, you need to register a new Kanbanize email or integrate your own company e-mail address.
For more information, please read the following article: How to set up an Email Integration with Kanbanize?