1. What is the size of the card field?
In most of the cases, the Size of the card is used as a generic metric and every team defines what to stand for its value. This parameter could represent values such: planned time a given task would take; how “big” a task is (story points); man-hours, monetary values, etc.
The default value of the Size field is a number, but it could be configured as:
- T-shirt sizes (card size is a drop-down list with T-shirt sizes like S, M, L, XL, etc.)
- Fibonacci numbers (card number is a drop-down list with the Fibonacci's numbers)
2. How to configure the card size?
To configure the size field of your cards → go to the main Dashboard, where all your projects and boards are located → select Board settings of the corresponding board.
This action opens the Project and Board Settings panel (Image 1) -> select Global Board Settings.
From the Global Board Settings, you can choose how your size will look like:
- No pattern (Card size is an input field, which allows any numeric value)
- Fibonacci sequence (Card size is a dropdown list with the Fibonacci's numbers)
- T-shirt sizes (Card size is a dropdown list with T-shirt sizes like S, M, L XL, etc.)
Example: This is how your card size field looks like if its type is:
2. Fibonacci sequence: