1. What is the size of the card field?
The card Size property is a generic metric and every team defines what to stand for its value.
It could be: planned time a given task would take, how “big” a task is (story points); man-hours, monetary values, etc.
The Size is one of the default properties in the Card details . It can be configured to be displayed on your cards in three different modes: No pattern (1); T-shirt size (2); Fibonacci number (3)
Check the examples below:
(1) No pattern - input any number
(2) T-shirt size - card size is a drop-down list of T-shirt sizes like S, M, L, XL, etc.
(3) Fibonacci's number - card number is a drop-down list with the Fibonacci's numbers.
2. How to configure the card size?
The card size is configured per board.
Option 1: To set it up → go to the main Dashboard, where all your projects and boards are located → select:
- the dotted icon of the corresponding Board -> Board settings.
- the dotted icon of the Project -> Manage boards
The system opens the "Project and Board Settings" panel (Img.1).
From the Global Board Settings section, you can define how the Size filed will be displayed on the cards.
Make sure that you have selected a board from the list of boards located on the left side of the panel and apply the Size configuration to the respective board - just checkmark one of the three available options.
Option 2: You can also configure the Size field of cards from the Edit workflow mode of your board. Activate the editing workflow layout via the "pencil edit icon" at the top left side of your board interface.
You will be able to control various settings from the top side of the board edit mode including Card size type. Select your size type and Save the board settings from the top right side of the window.