1. How to move cards on your board
Option 1: Drag & drop the card
Option 2: Move cards via the Context menu
- use the Context menu to move cards on the same Board
- use the Context menu to move cards to different Boards
Option 3: Move the card from the card's Details Tab
2. How to Move Multiple Cards?
1. How to move cards on your board?
There are several ways to move cards in Kanbanize.
Option 1: Drag and drop the card to the desired column
There is no need to open the card. Just click on the closed card view and drag and drop the card to the desired position/column on the same board.
Option 2: Move cards via the card Context menu
The system allows you to move cards on the same or different boards via the Context menu.
Open the Card Context menu (1) and click the Move icon (2) on the bottom part of the menu.
-> use the Context menu to move cards on the same board
To move cards across the same board, you can select any of the available options: Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Up, Down.
Use the Left and Right arrows to move the cards from a column to column (direction: left-to-right and right-to-left).
Use the Up, Down, Top and Bottom arrows to move cards within the same cell. This way you can easily define the preferred card position.
-> use the Context menu to move cards to different boards
To move the card to different boards in your account, you have to click on the last available option: "Move to" and select the desired board from the list of boards that appears.
When you select the board, then a new menu opens up (img.1).
Use the dropdown menus to define the column and the lane, where you want to positon your card.
You have two options: to preserve the card details or to customize them.
When you are ready, select "Move card" to move your card to the board you selected.
Note: If you select to customize the card details, you will be able to change the: assignee; type; size and tag.
Option 3: Move the card from the card's Details tab
Open the card and move it through the Position Control view located at its bottom (img.2).
It mirrors the workflow stages of the board where the selected card is currently located.
All stages that cards have already passed through are colored in grey. Users can easily identify the current position of the card - it is marked with the icon matching the color of the stage.
You can click on any of the stages -> just update your card and it will be immediately moved to the desired position.
- To move the card to a different board -> use the In Board link to select the new board and the card position via the minimap.
- To move the card to a different swimlane on the same board -> use the Workflow link and define it.
- To move the card to a different swimlane on the same board -> use the Swimlane link and define the lane.
2. How to Move Multiple Cards?
Select multiple cards with the mouse selection rectangle. The selected cards will be colored in yellow.
There are two options:
- Click on any of the cards in the rectangle to drag and drop the bunch of cards to the desired position. The number at the top left side of the card selection displays the number of cards that you move in bulk.
- Select multiple cards with the mouse selection rectangle -> click on the Context menu of any of the selected cards and choose Move.
The system allows you to move the bunch of cards to the Left, RIght or to "Move to" the cards to different boards in your account.
Note: if you select "Move to", you will get the list of all boards in your account. select the desired board and use the extra panel that appears to define the card position onto the board.