There are different ways to move a card to a different position.
1. Move a card by drag and drop it
Click on the closed card view and drag and drop it to move it to the new position/column.
Using this option, you can define the exact position of the card in the new column.
2. Move a card from the card Context menu
Right-click on the card to open the Context menu -> select Move.
Use the Left and Right arrows to move the cards from a column to column. (Direction: left-to-right and right-to-left).
The Up, Down, Top and Bottom arrows are used to move the cards within the same cell. This way you can easily define the preferred card position.
To move a card to a different board, click on: Move to and select the desired board from the Board menu.
Use the dropdown list to define the column and the swimlane, where you want to place your card. You can also choose if the card details should be preserved or customized. The attributes which can be changed are: assignee, type, size and tag.
Confirm your action by clicking on Move Card.
3. Move the card from the card Details tab
You can move the card from the card Details tab. Open the card -> Details tab -> go to the Card Position filed at the bottom right corner of the card. If you want to move the card to a different column and/or swimlane on the same board, select the Column and Lane from the dropdown lists and Update the Card.
Upon update, the card will be automatically moved.
If you want to move the card on a different board, click on Change board (this is an option located next to the Card position field at the bottom right corner of the card).
The system opens up a mini-map (Image 1): select the board from the drop-down menu to visualize the corresponding board structure and click on the cell inside the board, where you want the card to be placed.
4. How to Move Multiple Cards?
Select multiple cards with the mouse selection rectangle and the cards will be colored in yellow.
There are two options:
- Click on one of the cards in the rectangle to drag and drop the bunch of cards to the desired position. The small number at the top left side of the cards you are dragging shows how many cards are moved in bulk.
- Select multiple cards with the mouse selection rectangle ->click on the Context menu of one of the selected cards and choose Move. The available options for moving multiple cards are Left, Right and Move To a new board.