Via the Workspace Template feature, all Project Managers and Administrators will be able to select one or multiple Projects and Boards (board or a set of boards under a project) and save them as a Templates. They can be re-used and applied to the same account or each external account associated with their email address registered in Kanbanize. This feature is very useful for users who have successfully created and adapted workflows and need a fast and easy transfer of their setups and structure.
2. How to Create -> Save -> Apply Workspace Template
1. To manage your Workspace Templates, use the Manage Workspace Templates icon in the retractable menu on the bottom right corner of your Dashboard.
2. Select the "+ Create Template" icon to open the Create New Work Template panel.
3. In the Create New Workspace Template panel, users will find a representation of their Projects visualized through blue ribbons.
There are two types of settings:
Mandatory settings - select one or multiple projects and boards to be saved as a workspace template.
Optional settings - Include the project-specific: custom fields, templates and types of cards.
Use the Filter option to quickly find a specific board from the list of boards located on your Dashboard.
4. Select the Project(s) that you want to be created as a Template -> just checkmark the box. Upon Project selection, the system will display a list of boards that belong to that Project.
4.1 Select the Boards that you want to include in your Template -> just checkmark the corresponding boxes.
4.2 Users may choose which project settings to include in the template: Custom fields; Card templates; Card types.
4.3 If a user checkmark the "Include cards" option - all cards from the Backlog, Requested, In progress, Done and Temporary archive sections will be added to the template.
NOTE: If you select "Include Cards", all card details will be included except for the card comments and assignees.
4.4 The dotted icon next to "Include cards" provides users with the option to:
- Include Card Links - all links to other cards and initiatives will be preserved. The only condition to have all linked cards present is to select all boards that hold the related cards.
- Include Initiatives - all cards (initiatives) in the portfolio lane will be included.
- Include Sub-tasks - all sub-tasks will bе preserved and included.
4.5 The " Include Runtime Policies" option, which is positioned right to the Filter allows users to preserve and include all Runtime policies configured for the selected boards in their template.
Note: Upon template transfer, the user has to enable all replicated Runtime policies manually from the Administration panel. To be easily recognizable each of the transferred policies contains the word [Workspace].
5. Once you configure your template -> click Next to proceed further.
You should Create a Template name and give it a description (this is optional).
In general, you can access your templates in every Kanbanize account, where you sign-in with the same email address.
In case that you want to share this template with other users in the current Kanbanize account, you can type their Kanbanize usernames in the "Share with other users" box.
6. Click on the "Save" icon to keep your changes and the system will notify you that you have created your Template successfully.
7. To apply your Template > go to the retractable menu on your dashboard -> select Manage Workspace Templates -> go to My Templates. This panel stores all templates that have been saved so far.
Click on the Template you would like to re-use and the system will prompt you to apply the template as a "New Workspace" or to the "Existing Project". Moreover, the user gets a snapshot of the template configuration.
All Projects and Boards created via the Workspace Templates feature are available on the main dashboard containing [Workspace] in their names.
Tip: In case that some of the specific fields in the policies are missing, the system gives a warning message. The user who has applied the template has to carefully review their setup (Administration panel - > Runtime polices) and configure them in accordance with the use-case scenario. Policies with missing fields are marked with "[Not Completed]" in their title.