1. What is a Card Tag?
Adding tags help users to group together cards and make information visible at first sight.
You can tag a card with any value you wish and later use the tag property when applying filters to get а specific portion of data. Moreover, you can analyze a group of cards that have the same tag
There is a Security Control related to card tags under the "Cards Controls" section.
In the first place, the card control options define who in the account will be able to create, edit, and delete tags. This could be the Account Owner, the Workspace Manager or everyone in the account (any user role).
2. The card tags management
Card tags are managed and create at a global account level in the Administration panel under Card Management.
There is a dedicated Tag panel that stores all existing tags in the system. Users with the respective privilege access this panel to create new tags and manage existing ones.
All existing tags are stored in a table format that provides the following information per tag:
- Label - this is the tag name along with the selected color
- Availability level - controls the tag availability on the boards.
- Boards - number of boards where the tag has been applied to.
- Settings - use the three dots icon to edit, disable, replace*, delete this tag.
* Tag replacement: Sometimes, a tag you have created is not of use anymore or there are two similar tags. To keep your account environment clear, you have to maintain it accordingly. The easiest way would be to delete the tag, but then it will disappear from all cards.
With the new functionality, you will be able to "replace" an unneeded tag with an existing one. The redundant tag will be deleted and the cards tag field will obtain the replacement.
To create a new Tag, just click the New tag link on the top right side of the dedicated panel.
(1) Enter the name of the tag you create. It could be a text, number, etc. Moreover, you can add a tag color.
(2) Define the Tag Availability Level in your account. Note that only Account Owners can control that setting. They can select among the following options:
- Оn-demand - When the tag gets created, every Workspace Manager could choose to add it to the boards they manage.
- Auto - When the Tag is created, it will be automatically added to all new boards. Workspace Managers could remove it only from the boards they manage.
- Global - When a Tag is created, it will be automatically added to all boards and cannot be removed.
(3) To be able to add this tag to the cards in a given board, you need to assign it to that board first.
Select one or more boards from the list below to add the tag to.
3. How to manage Tags on a Board level from the Board sidebar
All tags can be accessed from the Sidebar panel (it belongs to every board in your account). Go to the three dots icon and select Card Tags.
In the respective panel, you will see all tags in the account. Just toggle the switch to make the selected tag available as a selection on the current board. You can use the panel to create a new tag as well as to edit an existing one.
4. How to add a tag to a card
There are two ways to add a tag to a card:
- Add a tag from Card details
Open а card and enter the respective value from the Tags field. When you add a tag to a card, you select it from a dropdown list.
TIP: Users with the respective permissions can create new tag when they input a value in the card Tag field and press Enter. This will automatically create the tag. It will get stored in the respective panels for further reuse.
- Add a tag using the card Context menu
Open the card Context menu and click the "Tag" option. Select the tag's value from the dropdown list and set it up.
5. How to make the tag visible at closed card view
In Kanbanize, users can customize their card view for each board. The Kanban card has many properties that carry different information on the task. Every user can choose which of them remain visible when the card is closed. To make your "Tag" field visible, go to the sidebar and select the "Configure card View: option.
In the Card settings menu users can select which card properties to be displayed at their closed card view. Checkmark the properties you want to display. In this case, select "show tags" and choose between the two views: icon view or full text.