If you like to share information with external stakeholders or to use your data outside of Kanbanize, you can export the cards from your board in Excel format. You can also use the export option to backup your data.
Export cards through the Advanced Search
To export cards from Kanbanize, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Advanced Search (the magnifying glass at the top right side of your dashboard) to filter and configure the information you like to export.
2. Click on Refine search criteria
3. Select your search criteria in the Refine search panel.
4. Set the criteria to filter the data -> click on Search.
5. Configure your report if it is necessary to remove some fields or to extend your report.
6. Click on the Download icon at the right corner of the Advanced Search panel to export the data -> Click on the link in the Download results window to open and save the file on your device.
7. The information is exported in an Excel sheet, where the outcome fields are aligned to match your excel columns.
Note: There is a limitation of 1000 results for a search. If you wish to export more than 1000 cards, it is recommended to export your data by running several searches. Our recommendation would be to refine your search criteria, e.g. per board or for a certain period of time.
Export cards through the Custom Widgets
The second option to export information from Kanbanize is directly through the custom widgets that you have set on your dashboard.
1. Go to the widgets on your Main Dashboard.
2. Click on the Settings menu of the desired widget.
3. Click on Export.