Signing up for notifications in Kanbanize allows you to keep track of your team's activities and your own work activities in the system. Users can get notifications for various events.
For example, a user can be notified every time when a card/subtask is assigned to them; when a card on a certain board gets blocked; when a card is moved, etc.
Important: Notifications are personal. Users custom their notification settings per board.
There are two types of notifications:
- In-App notifications - they pop up at the upper right corner of the account interface.
- Email notifications - users get notification emails on their Kanbanize registration email address.
2. How to subscribe to get notifications?
Step 1: Click the Notifications icon at the upper right corner of your Account and select Settings.
Step 2: Select a board from the dropdown list for which you wish to receive notifications.
Step 3: Choose what you are notified about (Actions) and checkmark the boxes to adjust how you get notifications (In-App or Email).
At the bottom of the Notification settings panel, users can:
(1) Personalize their board notifications. They may choose to:
- disable the notifications for their own actions
- stop email from mentions in the cards
- only receive notifications for cards, where the user is an assignee or a contributor
- see inbox (in-app) notifications as desktop notifications, even when Kanbanize is minimized
(2) Set up global email notifications (applicable for all boards)
This setting allows users to receive email notifications in batches. You can define how often you want to receive emails so that you don't get distracted.
Open the dropdown and choose the intervals in which the notifications will be sent to your email: once every hour, every 2 /4/ 6/ 8/12 hour or once a day. Note that this setting is global for the account.
3. How to unsubscribe from getting notifications?
If you don't want to receive any notifications, go to the Notification settings panel and uncheck the respective boxes. Don't forget to save your changes.
4. Why do I still receive notifications?
If you continue receiving notifications from Kanbanize even though you have unsubscribed:
- Check, if you have unsubscribed for all boards you are assigned to, as the notification settings are configured per board.
- Check, if you are assigned as a card watcher. Card watchers receive notifications even if they have unsubscribed from the notification settings panel.
- Check if there is an active Business Rule, which is set up in a way to send you notifications when certain events occur.