In Kanbanize, you have the option to share information about your projects with external stakeholders who have no access to the system, by using Public Filters, generated via the Advances Search panel.
To create a public filter, use the Advanced Search option and select the information you wish to share.
1. Go to the Advanced Search (the magnifying glass) on the top right side of your board interface.
2. Use the Refine Search button to open the Refine search criteria panel. It contains all regular and custom fields that you can select in order to filter your search data.
Click on the tabs to drill down the data you need. You can customize your public report based on the information you need to present.
For Example: select Board and Column.
3. Set the search criteria you have added.
Note: You can define the column by selecting it from the mini map of the corresponding board that appears.
4. Click on the Search button next to the search field to generate the report. All results will be present in the center of the Panel. To configure your report, i.e. to add/remove properties, which are relevant to your particular search → select Configure results at the upper right side of the panel and select/deselect tabs.
Once you group together the information you need and generate a report, the system allows you to get a unique link, which you can share.
Click on Public link: N/A Share in the bottom right corner of the search panel.
5. The Save and Share filter opens. In order to share this filter, you need to save it as a new filter first. Enter filter name and filter description -> click on Save and Share filter.
Note: The name field cannot be empty, the description is optional.
Once you give it a name and description, the system will notify you that the filter has been saved successfully -> Close this panel.
7. The link is generated in the Public Filter field in the bottom right corner of the Advanced Search Panel. Click on the name of the Public Link to open it in a new browser tab or right click on the name and select Copy link address to send it.
Note: The link produces live data and not a snapshot from the time it was created and shared.
8. The public filter offers the following options:
1. Depending on the data included, the read-only view in the new tab will be available in a table or graph view. Click on the corresponding icons to show the results as a table; graph or as a pie chart.
2. Both external and internal Kanbanize users can export the results in Excel by clicking on the download icon.
3. and 4. Internal Kanbanize users can interact with the results. By clicking on the Board name and/or Card ID they will be diverted to the board or the card description. Note: External users are re-directed to the Kanbanize login page, where they need credentials to access the system.
5. Use the filter option to filter out the results.
Unshare Public Link
If you don't want the information shared through the public link be available anymore, you can deactivate the link.
Open the Advanced Search -> click on Load -> select the public filter you wish to deactivate from the retractable menu -> click on Unshare in the bottom right corner of the Advanced Search panel.
Update Public Filter
To update a public filter open the Advanced Search -> click on Load -> select the public filter you wish to update -> update your search criteria -> click on the Save button in the bottom left corner of the Advanced Search panel ->select Update loaded filter.
Edit/Delete Public Filter
To edit the name or/and description of the public filter open the Advanced Search -> click on Load -> use the gear icon, which belongs to the filter.
Update the filter name or/and the description. This panel allows you to unshare the link ->deactivate it using the checkbox Share this filter as public -> click on Update filter.
To delete a public filter use the same navigation and use the Delete icon.