Kanbanize allows you to share information from your account with external stakeholders who have no access to the system.
The ability to share a unique link of a read-only view is a valuable asset when you want to provide information from Kanbanize with external stakeholders.
The link produces live data - it is not a snapshot from the time it was created and shared.
1. How to create a report and make it public?
To create a public filter, use the Advanced Search tool and group together the information you wish to share as a report. For that purpose, you can use the advanced search tool capabilities to refine and configure your data.
When you run a report and the system generates the matching results, there are two ways to create a public filter and share it (see, img.1) :
- Save your filter and share it as public (1) *
- Share your filter to get a public link (2)**
* (1) Click the Save icon at the bottom of the panel -> give your filter a name -> checkmark the "Share this filter as public" option. When you Save the filter, the system will instantly generate a unique URL link that you can share with registered users and non-registered parties.
** (2) Click on the "Public link: N/A Share" option at the bottom right corner of the search panel.
In order to share this filter, you need to create a name and save it first.
Click on the name of the Public Link to open it in a new browser tab or right click on the name and select Copy link address to send it.
Note: The name field cannot be empty, while the description is optional.
2. The Product Filter capabilities
- Depending on the data included, the read-only view report can be presented in a table or graph view.
- Both external and internal Kanbanize users can export the results in Excel by clicking on the Download icon that belongs to the report.
- Internal Kanbanize users can interact with the results. By clicking on the Board name and/or Card ID in the report they will be re-directed to the board itself or to the card description.
Note: External users are re-directed to the Kanbanize login page. They need credentials to access the system.
- To filter out the results, use the filter field in the report.
3. How to unshare a public link?
If you want to deactivate/unshare the link, please open the Advanced Search panel -> click on Load (1) -> then select the public filter you wish to deactivate and click on the Share icon (2). The information shared through the link will not be available anymore.
4. How to update public filter?
To update a public filter open the Advanced Search -> re-load the filter (1)-> refine and configure your search criteria -> click on the Save (2) button and select Update loaded filter.
5. How to edit and delete а public filter?
To edit the filter name/description or to unshare а filter public link -> open the Advanced Search panel-> click on Load to re-load the filter and use the corresponding gear icon to make your changes.
If you want to delete a filter, please use the trash can icon.