If you want to find a particular task or you are looking for a specific information, there are two ways to quickly search for a card:
- using the Advanced Search
- using the Board Filter
1. Search for a card through the Advanced Search
- Type a keyword or a card ID in the Advanced Search field (the magnifying glass) at the top right side of your screen -> press the Enter key and the system will open a panel with the result.
- Open the Advanced Search panel by clicking on the magnifying glass and type one of the following criteria in the search field on the left side of the panel: card ID; assignee; title (keyword from the title); description or a tag in the search field.
The search runs through all projects and boards you are assigned to and provides you with the matching results in the system. See the example in the picture below, where "stakeholder" is a keyword from a title. The system has found 4 matching results:
To open the card you are looking for -> click on the card ID. If the card contains comments, you can also click on the Comments to directly open the comment tab of the card.
If you wish to filter your search, click on Refine Search criteria and add some criteria.
2. Search for a card through the Board Filter
To quickly search for a card on a particular board, click on the grid menu at the top right side of your board interface -> select Board Filter.
Note: This filter is applied per board.
This panel allows you to filter your cards by: ID; assignee; title (keyword) or a tag. Just fill in one of the criteria in the search field. The filter will be applied to the corresponding board and you will be able to see the matching results only.
To Reset the board filter -> use the Reset button on the top right side of the board.
Find out what more you can do with the board filter.