Applying the Board filter allows you to locate/filter cards per board and filter out the information which is relevant for you.
If you want to locate/filter cards per board assigned to different users, use the other help side panel called "Board Filter".
Create Board Filter
To apply the Board filter open the Grid menu (the dotted icon) at the top right of your board interface-> select Board Filter.
The board filter is a side board panel.
1. Use the different components to switch on and off the criteria for showing the cards on the board. That could be for example: a set of users. To enable a filter criterion, activate the green checkmark to the right of its name. Enabled criteria are colored in green. Use the "or" button to add a second criteria that belongs to a certain component. To remove the additional value click on the minus sign.
Еxample: Assignee is Rebecca - this will filter all cards assigned to this user.
Use "оr" to add a second name from the dropdown list: e.g. Oliver -> the system will filter all cards assigned to these two users.
2. You can run a quick search by entering: ID; assignee; title (keyword) or a tag in the search field. Just fill in one of the criteria in the search field. This field is with auto focus and the board will be filtered instantly while you are writing.
You can apply the following filter criteria:
- Assignee is / is not
- Deadline is / is not / before / after / is between / is in (x days ago) / was more than (x days ago)
- Priority is / is not
- Color is / is not
- Tag is / is not / contains / does not contain
- Size is equal to / is not equal to / is greater than / is lesser than
- Type is / is not
- Blocked state is / is not
- Watched by
- Attachments are / are not present
- Custom Fields: If you have added custom fields to your board, they will be also available as filter criteria in your board filter (e.g. "2nd Contributor", "Last Modified", custom fields from type "Dropdown", etc.).
3. When the board filter is applied, a text with the result which is framed in green appears on the top right side of your board. It shows the number of filtered cards compared to the total number of cards on the board.
Click on Reset to reset the filter.
Note: The filter is applied only over the viewable, but not over the collapsed columns and swimlanes of your board. At the moment you expand a column or a swimlane, the filter will be applied on the cards located there.
Save a Board Filter
You can Save a board filter you have created to quickly load it again when needed.
Enable the criteria you wish and click on Save at the bottom left of the Board Filter panel -> select Save new filter.
Enter a filter name and description (optional) in the corresponding fields -> click on Save filter.
Load a Board Filter
To apply a saved filter on your board open the Board Filter panel -> click on Load in the bottom left corner -> click on the board filter you wish to apply from the retractable menu.
Update Board Filter
If you want to update a board filter, open the Board Filter panel -> click on Load -> select the board filter you wish to update from the retractable menu -> update your filter criteria -> click on the Save button and edit the filter name if necessary -> Update loaded filter.
Edit/Delete a Board Filter
To edit a board filter name or description open the Board Filter panel -> click on Load -> select the gear icon to the right of the board filter you wish to edit. Update the filter name or/and description -> click on Update filter.
Use the Delete icon if you want to delete the filter.