1. The Board Filter feature
One of the most common use case scenarios in your daily work is locating and tracking different tasks. Having more cards on your board will lead to spending more time gazing into different tasks in order to find out the right ones. We believe that even with many tasks, columns and swim-lanes one should be able to navigate and locate the required information with the same speed as if there were only a few cards.
The Board filter is a sideboard panel, where you could quite easily filter your board view and change your criteria on the go to filter out the information which is relevant to your search.
To apply the board filter -> click on the Board filter icon located on the Sidebar to the right of your board interface.
2. How to make use of the board filter?
The Board Filter works per board.
The most commonly used fields to use the filter are:
- a keyword in the title, assignee, id or tag;
Just type it in the first row with autofocus and the board will be filtered instantly, while you are writing.
Use the different components in the panel to switch on and off the criteria for showing the cards on the board.
For example: if you filter your board by an Assignee -> only cards assigned to the specified user will be displayed on the board. To enable a filter, activate the green checkmark to the right of its name. The enabled criteria are colored in green. You can use the "or" button to add a second property that belongs to the same criteria. To remove the additional value click on the minus sign.
For example: if you set up an assignee: Marina - the feature will filter out all cards on the board and only Marina's cards will be made visible. Use "оr" to add a second name from the dropdown list: e.g. Oliver -> the system will filter out and display all cards assigned to both Marina and Oliver.
In the Board Filter feature, you can filter by:
- Assignee is /is not (select a username from the dropdown)
- Deadline is / is not / before / after / is between / is in (x days ago) / was more than (x days ago)
- Priority is /is not (Critical, High, Average, Low)
- Color is /is not (select the color)
- Tag is / is not / contains / does not contain
- Size is equal to / is not equal to / is greater than / is lesser than
- Type is / is not
- Blocked state is/is not (blocked)
- Watched by
- Attachments are/are not present
- Cards is/ is not Linked (Parent, Children, Relatove, Successor, Predecessor).
Note: Users can filter out all linked cards in a certain board. Moreover, they can use the filter to instantly find all cards that are linked to a certain card or an Initiative as parent/children/relative/successor/predecessor.
- Custom Fields: If you have added custom fields to your board, they will be also available as filter criteria in your board filter (e.g. "2nd Contributor", "Last Modified", custom fields from type "Dropdown", etc.).
Note: When the board filter is active a text with the results framed in green appears on the top right side of your board. It displays the number of cards matching your search.
Click on "x" to restore the default board view.
3. How to save and share your Board filter?
The system allows users to save board filters in order to quickly load them again when needed as well as share them with other registered Kanabnize users.
Configure your filter and click on Save at the bottom of the Board filter (1) -> then type your Filter name (2) and Save the Filter.
(3) Sharing the filter is not mandatory. If you want to share it with internal users, you have to select their names from the dropdown menu. Every time you share a filter with a user, they receive an email notification.
Note: All shared board filters become available for the selected users in the Load panel at the bottom of their Board filters.
4. How to load/edit/delete a board filter?
To apply a filter that you have saved - click on the Load (1) icon at the bottom of the Board filter panel and select the corresponding filter name.
- To edit the filter name -> use the gear icon (2)
- To delete a filter -> use the trash icon (3)