1. The Dashboard - an overview
The Dashboard is the entry point of your account and the place where all your projects and boards are located. It also provides access to settings and other useful functionalities in the system.
1.1 The Project is represented by the blue ribbon on the left side of the window. Think of a Project as a folder for the Boards of different departments in your organization.
To create a new Project -> click on the Retractable menu (the plus icon on the bottom right corner of the Dashboard) -> select "Add Project".
- Project icons
The small icons on the board ribbon indicate for overdue or blocked cards in your workflow.
- Project Settings (the dotted icon)
Use the project settings icon to Rename/Cope or Archive a Project. The project settings panel is also used to create and manage other properties such as card types and custom fields for the cards.
1.2 The Kanban board is the tool for mapping and visualizing each step of your process in the flow. To create a board use the "Add Board" icon to the right of the project name. There is no limit on the number of boards you can create under a Project.
1.3 Widget - the "Initiatives in Progress" table to the right side of the Dashboard is an example of a widget. You can use widgets to see summarized information from your account at a glance.
1.4 The Retractable Menu gives access to the following functionalities:
- View Reports - generate Timesheet reports to track the logged time spent on each task.
- Add Project - use it to create a new Project on your Dashboard.
- Add Widget - add a predefined or custom widget.
- Add Background - add a background or color your dashboard/ boards.
- Manage Workspace Templates - save your Project and Boards as Workspace templates.
2. Projects & Boards overview
If you have administrator privileges and you have activated your admin view, you will see all Projects and Boards in the account.
You can fold your Projects for better visibility by clicking on the minus sign to the left of the Project's name. Click on the plus sign to expand the project.
To organize your projects in a preferred order, click on the blue ribbon and drag and drop the Project to the desired position.
3. How does the Project & Board filter work?
The Filter located at the bottom left corner of your screen allows you to filter your dashboard and run a quick search on your projects or/and boards. Type the project/board name or use a keyword from the title and the board will be filtered instantly.
Note: The filter will be saved even if you refresh your browser or start a new session after having logged out from your account. To remove the filter, just delete the text from the filter field. If you want to filter based on а second criteria, separate it with space or a comma.
5. How to add your company name to the Dashboard?
Display your Company name in the top left corner of the Dashboard.
Use the edit icon to insert it and click on the checkmark icon to save it.
Clicking on the Kanbanize logo will open our homepage in a new browser tab.
6. Additional Dashboard Navigation
In the top right corner of the Main Dashboard, you will find the buttons leading to your account settings and other useful system functionalities.
1. Advanced Search - use the search option to quickly search for a card by typing a keyword or a card ID -> press the Enter key and the system will display the matching results in a table view. Use the magnifying glass to filter and configure the data in your account and group together information to generate a different type of reports.
2. The Administration control panel is the area where administrators manage new and existing users and their permissions.
3. Help Center - check our Help center to learn how to make the most of Kanbanize. You can filter out your results to open a video, knowledge base article or a tutorial.
4. Notifications - sign up for in-app or email notifications to keep track of your team's activities and/or your own actions. You have the option to subscribe only for notifications, you are interested in. Important: Notification settings are configured per board!
5. My Account lets you easily manage your account details, time zone, change password, etc.