1.The Dashboard - introduction
The Dashboard is the entry point to your Kanbanize account and the place where all your Projects and Boards are located. The blue ribbon represents the Project name and below are listed all Kanban Boards that belong to it. Don't think about a Project in the old traditional way, meaning that this is a project with a start and end date.
In Kanbanzie a Project could be the name of the department or you can simply consider it as a folder that collects all boards.
To create a New Project -> click on the plus sign in the bottom right corner of your Dashboard to open the Retractable menu and select -> Add Project. Use the "Add Board" icon to create a new Board that belongs to this project.
The small icons on the board ribbon indicate for the overdue or blocked ards.
Use the Project Settings icon to Rename/Cope or Archive a Project. The project settings panel is also used to create and manage other properties such as types and custom fields.
2. Overview of the Projects & Boards
If you have administrator privileges and you have activated your admin view, you will see all Projects and Boards in the account.
You can fold your Projects for better visibility by clicking on the minus sign to the left of the Project's name. Click on the plus sign to expand the project and see all its boards.
To organize your projects in a preferred order, click on the blue ribbon and drag and drop the Project to the desired position.
3. How does the Project & Board filter work?
The Filter located at the bottom left corner of your screen allows you to filter your dashboard and run a quick search on your projects or/and boards. Type the project/board name or use a keyword from the title and the board will be filtered instantly.
The filter will be saved even if you refresh your browser or start a new session after having logged out from your account. To remove the filter, just delete the text from the filter field. If you want to filter based on а second criteria, separate it with space or a comma.
4. How to add a predefined or custom widget?
At the right side of the Main Dashboard, there is a space dedicated to the Widgets.
Adding widgets to your Dashboard is the perfect way to visualize the most important information from your boards at the entry point of your Kanbanize account.
There are two types of Widgets: predefined (1) and custom (2).
(1) To add a predefined widget -> use the plus icon on the bottom right side of your Dashboard -> open the Retractable menu -> select Add Widgets. There are several predefined widgets: "Cards Assigned to me"; "Overdue Cards"; "Overdue Cards Assigned to me";"Blocked cards Assigned to me"; "Process Efficiency".
(2) To custom your own widget you need to use the Advanced Search panel.
Please, read the Add a Dashboard Widget article to get more details on this feature.
5. How to add your company name to the Dashboard?
Your Company name could be displayed in the top left corner of the main Dashboard.
Use the edit icon to insert it and click on the checkmark icon to save it.
Clicking on the Kanbanize logo will open our homepage in a new browser tab.
In the top right corner of the Main Dashboard, you will find the buttons leading to the following functionalities:
- Advanced Search Panel (the magnifying glass)
- Administration panel
- Account Menu (your name)
6. How to make use of the Retractable Menu?
Click on the plus sign in the bottom right corner of your Dashboard to open the Retractable menu, which gives you access to the following functionalities:
- View Reports - generate reports to track the logged time spent on your tasks
- Add Project - use it to create a new Project on your Dashboard.
- Add Widget - add a predefined or custom widget
- Add Background - add a background or color your dashboard
Click on the x-sign to close the menu.