1. What is a Widget?
Kanbanize provides the option to add various widgets to the main Dashboard of your account. The Widgets give you at a glance a significant and summarized information from your account, which concerns you and your team.
There are two types of dashboard widgets in Kanbanize: Predefined Widgets and Custom Widgets.
1.1 How to Add a Widget?
First, click on the Retractable menu (the plus sign) in the bottom right corner of your dashboard -> select Add Widget.
Then, select the widget you wish to add to your Main Dashboard -> click on the Add Widget button at the bottom of the widget panel and the widget will appear directly on your Dashboard.
You can select the following predefined widgets:
1. Cards Assigned To Me: it shows all cards, across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you.
2. Overdue Cards: it shows all cards, across all projects and boards, which have passed the deadline and are not completed yet (it shows only cards located in "Requested" and "In Progress" columns).
3. Overdue Cards Assigned To Me: it shows all overdue cards, across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you (it shows only cards located in "Requested" and "In Progress" columns).
4. Blocked Cards Assigned To Me: it shows all blocked cards, across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you.
5. Process Efficiency: it shows how efficient your process is. Read about the Process Efficiency widget in the dedicated article.
6. Initiatives in Progress: it displays all selected boards in separate blue sections along with the corresponding Initiatives, which are currently in progress. You can add other boards to the widget using the Selected Boards option in the menu.
1.2 Custom your Predefined Widget
Once you add a widget to your dashboard, it becomes customizable. Each widget has a settings menu (the dotted icon on the right side of the widget), from which you can complete the following actions:
1. Settings: You can configure the information that is displayed by filtering the card details in the widget results via the "Configure widget results" option.
It allows you to choose the fields (select the pills from the panel) you wish to display in the widget -> click on Apply changes to save the changes.
2. Export: this option allows you to export the information from the Widget in an Excel file.
3. Rename: Select Rename to change the name of the Widget -> type the new name in the Widget name filed -> click on Rename.
4. Switch to Half-View: Reduce the size of the widget to make space for more widgets on your dashboard by clicking on Switch to Half-View. Click on Switch to Full-View to expand the widget again.
5. Remove: If you do not need the widget on your Main Dashboard anymore -> select Remove.
1.3 Refresh your Widget
The information in the widgets is automatically refreshed once a day, but you can refresh it manually by clicking on the refresh icon on the right side of the widget.