Every user can create their own custom widget in Kanbanize to pin crucial information from their account directly on the Dashboard.
How to create a Custom widget?
1. You can create and custom widget via the Advanced Search (the magnifying glass) on the top right side of your screen.
1.1 Open the Advanced Search panel (click on the magnifying glass) to create a filter and get the information you need from the account.
1.2. Use the Refine Search Criteria option to filter the information you wish to display in the widget.
For example, you can create a widget that displays all cards on a certain board with a certain tag. For that purpose, select the pills: "Tags" and "Board".
Set the filter criteria:
- define the Tag (for example: Stakeholders)
- select the Board from the list of Boards ( for example: Master Board)
1.3. Click on Search to run the report. Once the search results are listed, click on the pin icon at the bottom right side of the panel (the left one) in order to save the filter.
1.4. Give your filter a name and provide a description (optional) in the corresponding fields -> click on Save and pin widget.
1.5. The system should confirm that the widget has been pinned to the dashboard -> Click on Open dashboard
to view the custom widget directly on your Main Dashboard.
2. Another way to create a Custom widget is as follows:
2.1. When you run an Advanced Search report –> Save your search filter -> just click on Save at the bottom left side of the Advanced Search Panel.
2.2 Type your filter name and description in the corresponding fields - > click on "Save and pin widget".
2.3. Then go to your main Dashboard -> click on the plus icon on the right bottom of the page to open the Retractable menu -> Add Widget.
2.4. All Custom widgets will be stored in the Add Dashboard Widgets panel -> select the widget that you have created and Add it to make it visible on your dashboard.
How to Edit/Update Custom Widgets?
To edit or update a custom widget follow these steps:
1. Click on the Widget's menu (the dotted icon) -> select Settings.
2. When the Advanced Search panel opens up, change your search criteria or the View -> click on Save -> and Update loaded filter
3. Confirm your action by clicking on "Update filter" and the widget on your dashboard will be changed.