The Process Efficiency widget allows you to keep an eye on how efficient is your process. This widget calculates the ratio between the actual value-adding time (the time the card spends in activity columns during which it is worked on it, and the entire lead time required to complete the task (the entire cycle time of the card from its creation to its completion).
The widget differentiates between the value-adding time and the non-value adding time of the card spent in queue columns like waiting for review or blocked from the calculation to produce a metric for measuring the process efficiency as a percentage.
Add Process Efficiency Widget
1. Go to the top right of your dashboard -> click on Add Process Efficiency Widget
or click on the retractable additions menu (plus sign) in the bottom right edge of your dashboard -> select Add Widget.
2. Select the Process Efficiency Widget to open a Board Minimap -> choose the board for which you wish to create the widget -> select one, several or all swimlanes of the board -> click on Save. The system will calculate the efficiency for the specified flows.
Note: to add extra Efficiency widgets for different boards - > use the settings icon on the top right side of the Process Efficiency Widgets panel - select Add widget.
How to Configure your Process Efficiency Widget
You can customize the widget by adding advanced filters or configuring the parameters:
Click on the settings menu at the top right of the widget -> select Settings.
You can set the following configurations:
1. Using the advanced filters you can monitor the data for a particular card, assignee, priority, color, size, tag, type, reporter or the card creation date. You can also include all of your custom fields in the filter.
Select your filter criteria -> click on Add.
2. Change the board/swimlane of the widget: Click on the link to choose a board and swimlane from the board minimap.
3. Set the period of time for which the data should be collected: Click on the dropdown menu to define the period of time (e.g. This month, Last month, etc.).
4. Exclude the weekends from the calculation by activating the checkbox.
5. Exclude values that "lie outside" (are much smaller or larger than most of the other values in a set of data using the interquartile range (IQR) method by activating the checkbox.
6. Calculate efficiency only for a certain period of the day: Activate the checkbox and use the dropdown to select your desired time range.
Depending on the selected time filter, the widget will show you the improvement or decline in the efficiency compared to past data.
From the widget's menu you can also do the following:
Export: Select this option to export the information in Excel.
Rename: Select Rename to change the name of the widget -> Type the new name in the Widget name filed -> click on Rename.
Switch to Half-View: Reduce the size of the widget to make place for more widgets on your dashboard by clicking on Switch to Half-View. Click on Switch to Full-View to expand the widget again.
Remove: If you do not need the information on your Main Dashboard anymore, click on Remove.
Hover with the mouse over the refresh icon and the date and time of the last update will be displayed.
The information in the widget is refreshed automatically once a day. Click on the refresh icon to refresh the widget manually.
The Process Efficiency Widgets panel is designed to serve as a motherboard for mini widgets showing the efficiency of different parts of your work process.