You can send emails directly from the Kanban card.
"Send as Email"
Open the Comment tab of the card and select "Send as Email" to open the email client mode of the card.
You can send an email From (use the dropdown menu):
- firstname.lastname@example.org - this is a default email and no additional justifications are required. You can send emails to anyone (external email and/or a registered user).
IMPORTANT: If you send emails to external users and they reply back, their answer will be lost.
The notifications email is used mainly for notifications purposes and communication inside the team (users registered within Kanbanize). If you want to use emails and communicate with non-registered users, setup another email specific for this case, like ITSupport_mycompany@kanbanize.com and use this one. It will be the default one selected in your drop down senders list.
- email@example.com - this is your registered email in Kanbanize. Note: You need to set up an SPF record in order to be able to send emails directly from the card.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - here you might have several more kanbanize emails depending on how many emails you have integrated for the particular board.
In the (To:) field -> type an external email or a username (registered user in Kanbanize) and click on the Add comment tab at the bottom right corner of your card to Send an email. If you want to send an email to multiple recipients, you can add each email address to the "To" field.
The email supports rich text with custom text formatting such as: Bold, Italic, Underlining; text color; size, etc. The email message can include images and links.
Note: At the moment we support only the TO field (CC and BCC fields are not allowed). When emails are received the CC receivers are visible in the card and when you hit Reply to All, the CC emails will be moved into the TO section.
"Reply to Author"
1. Internal User: If you use the "Reply to Author" option, you can send an email directly to the card creator. The system will automatically add a recipient - this will be the username of the card author.
Create your message and click on "Add comment" button to automatically send it to that user.
2. In case that you have set up the email integration, every email will be created as a card on the Kanban board and the initial message can be viewed in the Details tab of the card.
If you want to reply directly from the card -> click on the Comments tab -> "Reply to author " button. The email of the sender, that could be an external email address, not registered as a user in Kanbanize, will automatically appear in the To: field. Create your message and click on "Add comment" at the bottom right corner of the card to send the email to the person who composed the initial email. This will create a mail thread with a running list of all replies starting with the original email.
If you keep your correspondence within the card, all newly received messages will be created in the Comment tab.
Use the arrows at the top right side to: Reply or Reply to All.
Note: The system uses curly brackets in the subject with the ID of the card to label the email thread. This way when someone replies back to your email from the comments, the reply will be added exactly to this card as a new comment.