In Kanbanize, you can track the pure time you have spent on a given task or a subtask by manually logging time on your cards.
Upon proper configuration, the Timesheet report displays a summary of logged hours for a user or a group of users. The configuration options allow you to get data for a given project/board/columns and lanes for any time range.
Only Administrators and Project Managers can configure, generate and view Logged time reports.
In Kanbanize, there are two types of reports:
- Timesheet per user
- Worklog per card.
To generate a report -> go to your Main dashboard and open the retractable menu-> select View Reports.
1. How to generate a "Timesheet per user" report?
The "Timesheet per user" report shows an aggregated view only of cards for which users have logged time.
The Project Manager can configure the report and define the board; column and lane as well as the user(s) to be included in the report and get results for their activities only.
1.1 To generate the report -> open the Reports panel -> go to the Report field at the top left side of the panel and select -> Timesheet per user.
1.2 Configure your report and define your search criteria:
- Project and Boards: expand the menu and checkmark all Projects and Boards; a set of boards or a single board for which you wish to generate the report.
Tip: You can use the filter option by entering a keyword for a quick search.
The system allows you to narrow down your search and select:
- Columns: expand the menu and check all; a group of columns or a certain column
- Lanes: expand the menu and check all; a group of lanes or a certain lane
- Time logged by: to choose who you want to include in your report, expand the Author dropdown and mark the users to appear in the report.
- Date: if you want to see the time logged today or last week, just expand the Date dropdown and choose the range you are interested in. If you prefer custom dates, choose “Range” and then Begin date and End date.
- Highlight entries (Image 1)
You have the option to mark users who have logged more/less than x hours per period or per day. Set a check mark on the condition you wish to activate and enter the targetted number in the box.
For example, if you always expect people to log 8 hours per day, you may want to highlight entries that don’t meet this criterion. If you check the “Mark users who logged less than X hours” option, the report will automatically highlight the entries with yellow color. Respectively, the report will mark with blue the entries which meet the “Mark users who logged more than X hours” criterion. If you are interested in the total amounts of time (e.g. 40 hours per week), choose the time range that you are interested in and check the “Mark users who logged more/less than X hours per period” option.
- Aggregate per day
Use this option to generate a time sheet for the entire team or just for yourself. It will check how much time has been logged each working day for the entire period. If no time is logged the report will show 0. This option is handy if you have a smooth distribution of the workload and you expect time to be logged each day.
- Exclude weekend
The exclude weekends option ignores time logged during weekends. It makes sense to use this option if you aggregate the log entries per day and your work week is standard (Monday – Friday).
1.3 The Advanced Options
It allows you to narrow down your search and display only cards matching a filter for the specific card attributes you have defined: Assignee, Priority, Tag, Size, Color -> select your preferred criteria from the corresponding dropdowns.
Tip: checkmark the box if you want to show subtasks separately within the report.
1.4 To run the report -> click on the Search button. Note that it has a dropdown, from which you can Save or Reset your report settings.
1.4 To download your report as an Excel file -> click on the Download in Excel button.
Tip: checkmark the box if you want to export all card details.
2. Worklog per card
2.1 In the Reports panel, go to the Report field and select Worklog per card -> define your search criteria:
- Select the Projects and Boards for which you wish to populate the report from the dropdown menu. Use the filter option by entering a keyword for a quick search.
- You can select all or only certain columns and lanes.
The Advanced Options allow you to search for specific card attributes: assignee, priority, tag, size, color. Select your preferred criteria from the corresponding dropdowns. There is also an option Blocked. If it is activated, the report will show the blocked time and the blocked reason for cards which have been blocked. You can also show the subtasks separately.