If you want to create a card in Kanbanize over your organization email, you need to first register that email to your Kanbanize account.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org is an email or alias at your company email server.
1. From the top right Administration -> Email Integration -> add this user from the "Add New Receiver" button.
This will open the Integration Panel - select New Kanbanize email (the first option there).
2. Fill in the data in the panel to create your email:
- Add a custom identifier in the Add identifier field to make the email distinguishable (ex. email@example.com). Adding a unique identifier allows you to add more than one Kanbanize emails to your registered emails in the email integration.
- Create a password for the new account -> repeat it.
- Indicate your time zone from the drop down menu.
- Agree to the registration clause. *Registering a Kanbanize email address means that you are also registering a new user in the User Management subject to the Kanbanize subscription model as such. This user will count towards the total number of users charged to the account. So, if you're paying for 10 users and you have 7 registered, you now have 8.
- Add the account.
3. Set the default board and position (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards: click on the edit icon and select: not set to choose the board from the drop-down menu and to define the position on the mini map. This allows you to define the exact location where cards created from emails will appear in Kanbanize.
If you set up the email integration using new kanbanize email, the automatic forward rules should work and every email will create a card on your board.
Note: This is the second option in the Add email address window called "Registered Email".
1. Select the email address of a registered user in Kanbanize from the dropdown.
2. The panel will explain you with red labels what kind of forwarders you have to setup, so that you get your emails created as cards.
3. Set the default board and position (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards.
If you set it up like this the automatic forward rules should work and every email will be created as a card on your board.
4. If you would like to reply to emails via the cards in Kanbanize, you need to set up an SPF record.