Types of Email Integration
There are two types of e-mail addresses that you can integrate/connect to your board:
1. New Kanbanize e-mail - users can generate it within the Email Integration panel of the software (Administration ->Email Integration -> Add new receiver -> New Kanbanize email).
2. Integrate your own registered company e-mail.
(Administration ->Email Integration -> Add new receiver -> Registered Company Email).
Scenario 1 (create new Kanbanize e-mail)
From the top right Administration -> Email Integration -> select "Add New Receiver" button to open the Integration Panel.
1. In the Integration Panel - select New Kanbanize email (the first option).
2. Fill in the data in the panel to create your email:
- Add a custom identifier in the Add identifier field to make the email distinguishable (ex. email@example.com). Adding a unique identifier allows you to add more than one Kanbanize emails to your registered emails in the email integration.
- Create a password for the new account -> repeat it.
- Indicate your time zone from the drop-down menu.
- Agree to the registration clause. *Registering a Kanbanize email address means that you are also registering a new user in the User Management that is subject to the Kanbanize subscription model as such. This user will count towards the total number of users charged to the account. So, if you're paying for 10 users and you have 7 registered, upon new Kanbanize email registration, you will have 8.
- Add the account.
3. Set the default board and position (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards. To achieve that click on the edit icon that belongs to the email and select: not set to choose the board from the drop-down menu and define the board section where cards created from emails will appear in Kanbanize (usually, this is the Requested column of the board).
Once you set up the email integration using new Kanbanize email, the automatic forward rules should work and every email will create a card on your board.
Scenario 2 (integrate your company e-mail address)
From the top right Administration -> Email Integration -> select "Add New Receiver" button to
open the Integration Panel. Select the second option of the Integration Panel called "Registered Company Email".
Note: If you want to integrate your company email to Kanbanize in order to have emails created as cards on the Kanban board, you have to first register that email to your Kanbanize account (this is only in a case that this isn't an email address already registered in Kanbanize).
Important: The email address must be assigned to the board where emails will be created as cards (Administration -> Board Assignees).
1. Select the email address from the drop-down list of registered users in Kanbanize.
2. The panel explains you with red labels that you have to set up an auto-forwarder from your selected company email to "name"firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get your emails created as cards in Kanbanize. Follow the instructions.
3. Set up an SPF record on your domain.
4. Contact email@example.com to confirm that your SPF record is set.
The support team will verify if the forwarder and the SPF record are set properly and will make this email visible on your board.
5. Add your email and set up the default board and section (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards. To achieve that click on the edit icon that belongs to the email and select: not set to define the board from the drop-down list and to select the board section where cards created from emails will be created (usually, this is the Requested column of the board).
If you set it up like this, once an email is sent to your integrated email and it matches your criteria, the automatic forward rules will forward it to Kanbanize and the email will be created as a card on your board in the specified column and swimlane. When you open the card and hit the "Send as email" button or "Reply to the Author" from the Comments tab you should be able to see your integrated emails in the (From:..) field.
NOTE: To learn how to send email directly from the card, please read the following article.
To learn more about the generic e-mail tracking scenario in Kanbanize, please read the following article.