With this runtime policy, you can set up a schedule and create new cards automatically. For example, you can configure the system to create new cards every Monday at 5 pm.
This policy is very useful when you have recurring tasks, e.g. reports to create, meetings to organize etc.
How to set up the policy?
Go to your Administration panel by clicking on Administration at the top right of your screen.
Open the Runtime Policies tab -> and select the Recurring create cards policy tab.
Note: In case that there is a set of defined policies to your account -> use the Add new policy button at the upper right side of the panel.
The "Recurring create cards" configuration panel has the following fields and properties:
In the Name and Description fields, you can change the name of the policy and describe the scenario you will achieve with it. This way you can create an overview of your active runtime policies, as upon creation every automation is present in the Runtime Policies panel.
You can share the policy with other users (e.g. with a Project Manager of a board), if appropriate. In this case, they will be able to edit/disable/enable the policy.
The Runtime policies are a sort of "point-and-click" programming language with which you can automate any process.
Each Runtime policy has three main properties: When; And; Then.
1. WHEN - here you define a schedule for the automatic card creation.
Click on Every Day -> select one option -> click on Change.
Practical tip: The Advanced Schedule gives you options like "every x day of the week", "every first/second/third/fourth Monday of every x month", "every June in day x", etc.
Click on Not Set to configure the advanced schedule.
2. AND - For this policy are no filters applicable.
3. THEN - Select the execution time and the position/details of the card to be created.
- Execute At: Click on the time and select an hour between 00:00 and 23:00. The time zone set for your account is displayed. Note: It is important for the execution of the policy that you have set up your correct time zone in My Account.
- Create cards: Click on Add new action -> click on Not set -> Select the board where the card should be created and choose its position (column and swimlane) from the board minimap.
An empty card will open, this is the card which will be created by the runtime policy. -> Enter a card title, which is obligatory -> define the card fields of your choice -> click on Save details.
Click on Add new action to create extra cards and optimize the scope of the policy.
Click on the x-sign at the top right of an action to remove it.
How to Enable the policy?
To enable the policy -> click on the green check mark at the top right corner of the configuration panel.
Click on the red x-sign to cancel the creation of the policy.
Note: Only users with administrator privileges can create runtime policies.