This runtime policy will automatically move a mirror to a specified position in its board, when its mirror is moved to a predefined position. A typical example would be to have two mirror cards in different boards, so when the card on board A is moved the mirror in board B will be moved too.
How to set up the policy?
Go to your Administration panel by clicking on Administration at the top right of your screen.
Open the Runtime Policies tab -> and select the Mirror card is moved policy tab.
Note: In case that there is a set of defined policies to your account -> use the Add new policy button at the upper right side of the panel.
The "Mirror card is moved" configuration panel has the following fields and properties:
In the Name and Description fields, you can change the name of the policy and describe the scenario you will achieve with it. This way you can create an overview of your active runtime policies, as upon creation every automation is present in the Runtime Policies panel.
You can share the policy with other users (e.g. with a Project Manager of a board), if appropriate. In this case, they will be able to edit/disable/enable the policy.
The Runtime policies are a sort of "point-and-click" programming language with which you can automate any process.
Each Runtime policy has three main properties: When; And; Then.
1. WHEN - this is the event which will trigger an action when it occurs (i.e. a mirror card is moved).
2. AND - here you define the filters, which specify the conditions under which the actions should be triggered.
- Position: the filter position is mandatory for this runtime policy. There are two options: position is/is not - select one of the options from the dropdown. Click on Not Set to select a board from the dropdown and a position from the board minimap (you can select a cell or an entire column/swimlane by clicking on its name).
Click on "or" to add extra positions and optimize the scope of the policy. Use the minus sign to remove a position.
- Click on the Add new property button to add extra filters, if necessary. Select a Regular field or/and a Custom field -> click on Add.
For all time-related fields, you can select the following units: Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds.
When you have added the filter, set it up by clicking on Not set or enter a value.
Note: You can add as many filters as you wish by clicking on Add new property and repeating the steps.
3. THEN - Define the position where the mirror card is to be moved.
Click on Add Action -> click on Choose where to move -> select the board and position from the board minimap (you can select a cell or an entire column/swimlane by clicking on its name).
How to Enable the policy?
To enable the policy -> click on the green check mark at the top right corner of the configuration panel.
Click on the red x-sign to cancel the creation of the policy.
Note: Only users with administrator privileges can create runtime policies.
Read more about what are mirror cards and how to create them.