How to set up the "All children are unblocked" business rule?
The "All children are unblocked" business rule will automatically unblock a parent card when all of its child cards are unblocked. To configure and enable the rule for your account, go to the Administration panel at the top right side of your screen and open the Business rule tab.
Select the "All children are unblocked" rule.
Note: In case there is a set of defined rules to your account -> use the Add new rule button at the upper right side of the panel.
The "All Children are Unblocked" configuration panel has the following fields and properties (img.1):
(1) Name - give a rule name to distinguish it.
(2) Description - provide a description of the rule behavior in the system.
Note: when a business rule is created, it will get a rule ID and will be made available in the Business rule panel under name and description.
(3) Share with: this option allows you to share the rule with other users in the system so that they can edit/disable/enable the rule.
Every business rules have three main control settings: When; And; Then.
It is a sort of "point-and-click" programming language with which you can automate any process. The way it works is based on the programming conditional statement "if this then that".
(4) WHEN - this is the event that will trigger an action (i.e. All children are unblocked).
(5) AND - define the child card filter and specify the conditions that trigger the unblock action.
- When users create a new rule, the Board filter will be applied by default. This means that the rule will be executed only for the boards you specify in the filter. If you remove the board property and enable the rule, it will be executed for the entire account.
- To add more criteria, which are relevant to your use case, click the "Add new property" link to open the Card property match panel and select any of the pills.
(6) THEN- if all events and conditions are evaluated as true, the parent card will be unblocked.
Important: To save and enable the rule, checkmark the green box at the top right corner of the configuration panel.
Please, read more about the parent/child card relations and how to create them.