This Business rule will automatically move a card to a specified position when its relative card is moved to a predefined position. A typical example would be to have two relative cards in different boards, so when the card on board A is moved to a given column/lane, then its relative in board B will be moved to the defined column/lane too.
How to set up the rule?
Go to your Administration panel at the top right of your screen and open the Business Rules tab -> select the "Relative card is moved" rule.
Note: In case that there is a set of defined rules to your account -> use the Add new rule button at the upper right side of the panel.
The "Relative card is moved" configuration panel has the following fields and properties:
In the Name and Description fields, you can define the name of the rule and give a description of the scenario you will achieve with it. This way you can create an overview of your active business rules, as upon creation every automation is present in the Business rule panel.
You can share the rule with other users (e.g. with a Project Manager of a board), if appropriate. In this case, they will be able to edit/disable/enable the rule.
The Business rules are a sort of "point-and-click" programming language with which you can automate any process.
Each Business rule has three main properties: When; And; Then.
1. WHEN - this is the event which will trigger an action when it occurs (i.e. a relative card is moved).
2. AND - here you define the filters, which specify the conditions under which the actions should be triggered.
- Position: the filter position is mandatory for this rule. There are two options: position is/is not - select one of the options from the dropdown. Click on Not Set to select a board from the dropdown and a position from the board minimap (you can select a cell or an entire column/swimlane by clicking on its name).
Click on "or" to add extra positions and optimize the scope of the rule. Use the minus sign to remove a position.
- Click on the Add new property button to add extra filters, if necessary. Select a Regular field or/and a Custom field -> click on Add.
For all time-related fields you can select the following units: Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds. You can also set Custom Fields that you have created and added to the corresponding boards in your projects as a filter.
When you have added the filter, set it up by clicking on Not set or enter a value.
Note: You can add as many filters as you wish by clicking on Add new property and repeating the steps.
3. THEN - Define the position where the relative card is to be moved.
Click on Add Action -> click on Choose where to move -> select the board and position from the board minimap (you can select a cell or an entire column/swimlane by clicking on its name).
How to Enable the rule?
To enable the rule -> click on the green checkmark at the top right corner of the configuration panel.
Click on the red x-sign to cancel the creation of the rule. Read more about what are relative cards and how to create them.