If you use the email integration feature and you keep your correspondence from the cards, you can send automatic replies directly from your board via a specific configuration of the "Card is moved" runtime policy.
This option is very useful if you use Kanbanize for support scenarios or you would like to report about a specific event.
You need to set up the following configurations:
1. Set the email integration for your Kanbanize account.
For example: When a customer sends an email to email@example.com, the email will be converted to a card on a specified board.
2. Add custom field "Reporter" to your board and make it mandatory.
This way, if the card is created via the email integration, the email address of the card creator will always appear in the custom field.
Note: Adding the custom field "Reporter" is optional. The notification executed by the runtime policy will be sent to the creator of the card anyway. Having the reporter of the card shown on the card, however, makes it easier to keep track of your communication.
3. Edit your workflow and Create a column "Auto Reply" on your board.
4. Create a "Card is moved" runtime policy and configure it as follows:
- WHEN - a card is moved.
- AND - the new position is board "Support", column "Auto Reply".
- THEN - send an email notification to the reporter of the card and move the card to the "Done" column.
Create a custom template for the notification, which is to be sent and click on Save Message.
- In the From: field -> use the dropdown to select the email address for which you have set up the email integration for your account (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the To:/Cc: field -> use the add internal users dropdown -> select Reporter-> click on Apply.
- Create a custom subject of the notification email: For example: remove the predefined text and add the text "Issue:"; click on add card fields -> select Title (this way the title of the card created by your customer via the email integration will be displayed), add the text "is now resolved."
- Email body: delete the predefined body of the message and create your custom text.
When you move a card to the "Auto Reply" column now, this will automatically trigger a policy, which will send a reply to the customer that the problem is fixed.
TIP: Combine the Auto Reply column with "Email tracking" on the Kanban board scenario. Apply the "Card Updated by Email policy" to the "Done" column, so in case that a customer replies to the auto reply email, the card will be moved to the "Follow up" column and you will take an action.