The integration covers 2 major areas:
- Service Desk - ConnectWise Service Boards and Service tickets and
- Projects - ConnectWise Projects with Phases, Project tickets, and Project issues
- Fields mapping:
- Ticket is created in ConnectWise - a corresponding card is created in Kanbanize.
- Ticket status is updated in ConnectWise - the corresponding Kanbanize card is moved to a column with the same name as the ticket status. If there is no corresponding card, a new card will be created.
- Kanbanize card is moved or updated - a corresponding CоnnectWise ticket status and fields are updated.
Note: In Kanbanize the extlink field points to the ticket in ConnectWise, so the team processing the tickets in Kanbanize, could easily open the original source of the information, log time, ask the customer and so on, while only the workflow tracking is done in Kanbanize.
- Projects in ConnectWise are represented as Initiatives on the Portfolio Lane in a Kanbanize roadmap board.
- Phases of the Projects in Kanbanize are mapped as child cards, linked to the Initiatives in the same roadmap board.
- Service Tickets and Issues are mapped as cards in different swimlanes on a team workflow board.
- When a ConnectWise project work item or an issue is created, all corresponding Kanbanize items are created - one card for the work item, one card for the project phase and one initiative for the project. All the cards in Kanbanize are linked via parent/child relation.
- When a Kanbanize card is moved or updated, the ConnectWise Work item or Issue fields are updated.
Configure the integration
From Administration -> Integrations -> ConnectWise enable the integration and go into the 'Configure' menu to 'Add new account'
Fill in the form by adding your credentials and connect to ConnectWise.
- ConnectWise Login URL is the url you open to login into your company.
- Company ID should also be requested for you to login.
- Public and Private keys you should check out this article from ConnectWise https://developer.connectwise.com/Manage/Developer_Guide/Authentication
Important: If you have problems in defining your URL, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Desk and Project scenario
- Initial set up of board structure - select which service and project boards should be synced between ConnectWise and Kanbanize.*
* Boards that are configured to sync, but do not exist in KB will be created automatically for you with correctly named columns that correspond to ConenctWise statuses. This greatly reduces initial overhead when starting to use the integration and can be used in combination with already existing import functionality.
Service boards Sync
When syncing a ConnectWise service board, a corresponding board with the same name will be created in Kanbanize. The available ConnectWise statuses will be represented by columns with the same name in the new board.
1) Service board named 'Service desk' will be created as 'Service desk' in Kanbanize in a project named 'ConnectWise'.
2) Creating a ticket in a service board in ConnectWise will create a card in the corresponding board in Kanbanize.
When syncing a ConnectWise project, two boards will be created in Kanbanize - "ConnectWise_Projects" and "ConnectWise_WorkItems"
The ConnectWise projects are mapped to initiatives in "ConnectWise_Projects".
The ConnectWise project phases are mapped to cards in "ConnectWise_Projects".
The ConnectWise project work items and issues are mapped to cards in "ConnectWise_WorkItems". The work items are kept in the "Work Items" swimlane and the issues are kept in the "Issues" swimlane.
1) Project 'Network Update' will be created as an Initiative in "ConnectWise_Projects".
2) Project phase "Inform the staff" will be created as a card in "ConnectWise_Projects". The card will be a child of the initiative on the same board.
3) If a work item is created in the "Inform the staff" phase in ConnectWise, a corresponding card will be created in "ConnectWise_WorkItems". The card will be a child of the "phase" card from the "ConnectWise_Projects" board.
How to import your CоnnectWise tickets to Kanbanize?
Upon configuration of your integration between Kanbanize and ConnectWise you can proceed with the import -> clicking 'Sync' will import all tickets located in the configured boards created after the configured date.