1.1 To initiate an Email integration, please go to the Administration panel at the top right side of your board interface -> select Email integration to start the setup process.
1.2 Select the "Add New Receiver" button to open the Integration Panel.
1.3 There are two types of e-mail addresses that you can integrate/connect to your board. Select one of the following options (image 1):
- Kanbanize email address - choose this option to add new email receiver with a "kanbanize.com" domain. For exаmple: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Custom domain email address - choose this option to add an email associated with your custom domain. For example:email@example.com
Scenario 1 - create and integrate Kanbanize email address
- In the Select Type of Email Panel - choose Kanbanize Email Address (the first option).
- Agree to the license registration clause - registering a Kanbanize email address means that you are also registering a new user in the User Management that is subject to the Kanbanize subscription model as such. This user will count towards the total number of users charged to the account. So, if you're paying for 10 users and you have 7 registered, upon new Kanbanize email registration, you will have 8.
- Fill in the data in the panel to create your email:
- Add a custom identifier in the Add identifier field to make the email distinguishable (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org). Adding a unique identifier allows you to add more than one Kanbanize emails to your registered emails in the email integration.
- Create a password for the new account -> this password is only needed if you decide to log in with this email account -> select Next.
- in the Configure default location panel, you have to set the default board and position (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards. To achieve that click on the Configure Default Location button to open a Board minimap -> choose the board from the drop-down menu and define the board section where cards created from emails will appear in Kanbanize (usually, this is the Requested column of the board).
- Click on I'm ready to complete the integration.
Once you set up the email integration using Kanbanize email address, the automatic forward rules should work and every new email will create a new card on your board.
Scenario 2 (integrate Custom Domain Email address)
- Select the second option of the Integration Panel "Custom Domain Email Address" -> Next.
- In the Select an email address panel -> select the email from the dropdown list. If you don't see the address you need in the dropdown list, please add it as a user in Kanbanize first. To add a new user go to Administration -> User Management panel -> Invite new user.
Important: The email address must be also assigned to the board where emails will be created as cards (Administration -> Board Assignees).
Click on Next to proceed further and open the Configure default location panel.
- set up the default board and position (column and swimlane) where you would like your emails to be converted as cards. To achieve that click on the Configure Default Location button to open a Board minimap -> choose the board from the drop-down menu and define the board section where cards created from emails will appear in Kanbanize (usually, this is the Requested column of the board).
- Click on I'm ready to proceed to the Set up an auto-forwarder.
The panel explains how to set up an auto-forwarder from your selected company email to "name"email@example.com in order to get your emails created as cards in Kanbanize.
Note:If you want to send emails from the card and keep your email thread in the Comment tab of the card, please Set up an SPF record on your domain. Once you set it up, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The support team will verify if the forwarder and the SPF record are set properly and will make this email visible on your board.
If you set it up like this, once an email is sent to your integrated email, the automatic forward rules will forward it to Kanbanize and the email will be created as a card on your board in the specified column and swimlane.
When you open the card and hit the "Send as email" button or "Reply to the Author" from the Comments tab you should be able to see your integrated emails in the (From:..) field.
NOTE: To learn how to send email directly from the card, please read the following article.
To learn more about the generic e-mail tracking scenario in Kanbanize, please read the following article.