1. Kanban Tokens to Block and Highlight Cards
With product release 6.3 Kanbanize has introduced the card tokens - a new functionality available on the Board sidebar that allows you to additionally visualize important information on the cards.
Adding blocker tokens makes the blocked cards stand out on the board and helps you visualize problematic areas.
The blocker tokens extend the existing blocker functionality. The addition of blocker tokens makes it easier to visualize the different block reasons that your teams are already using. Select a color, attach an icon and define a label to create your blocker token. The blocker label replaces the block reason property.
Using blocker tokens is as simple as dragging it onto a card. The card will be instantly labeled with the color and the icon of the respective blocker token and will become immovable.
Sticker tokens are used in a way very similar to blocker tokens but serve a different purpose. While a blocker is dedicated to helping you identify your problematic cards, the sticker is used to visually broadcast important information about a particular card.
For example, if you want to visualize risk, you can create and apply a sticker that represents a risk. Another example would be to visualize that a card needs further research, budget, etc.
You create stickers just like blockers: select a color, attach an icon and define a label.
When you want to mark a card a sticker, just drag it onto the card.
2. REST API Version 2 (beta)
We are working on the new version of the API and this is the first public beta.
With this release, the following resources are available: create/edit/archive projects and board; edit workflows; user management; card tokens management.
- The API documentation is available here.
You are welcome to try it out and give us your feedback.
3. Redesigned Product Interface
In Kanbanize 6.3 we revamped certain UI elements for a better UX. All tabs now have a new and improved appearance and we slightly modified the design of the cards, as well as that of some panels.
4. Other Product Enhancement
- A new version of Actionable Agile is now available with a revamped Control panel for better user experience.
- The Cumulative flow diagram in the standard Kanbanize analytics is no longer available. To monitor the stability of your process, you can use the Flows diagram or the Cumulative flow diagram in Actionable agile.
- The new product update introduces an improved template handling. When a user applies a card template the last selected fields will be preserved for your next template action.
5. Mobile Apps enhancement
With the new product update, you can use custom search filters that you have saved from the web app. Just tap the magnifying glass on the dashboard and then the cogwheel and a list of all your search filters will pop up.