To the attention of all 5.17 accounts:
During the first weekend of October, 2020 all customers will be migrated to the newest Kanbanize Version 7.x! There will be no cost change to your existing subscription.
What does it mean for me?
Due to current economical situation around the COVID pandemic, we have decided to upgrade all customers to the newest version for free and keep your existing subscription costs:
- As functionality the new version is backwards compatible and there should be no impact on your daily routine.
- The payment panel will reflect the new pricing with specific discount applied to match your current costs and thus keep the grandfathering offering.
Note: Minimal cost variations are possible.
- In any case if you have questions or issues please reach out to the Support Team at the top right Feedback Form inside your account or from our Website Support form.
In January, 2018, we did a split and released a new version of Kanbanize (6.0) that late evolved further into Kanbanize (7.0) where we introduced many distinguished features and a lot of product enhancements. Some of the significant changes are as follows:
- New Board Designer that allows creating very custom workflows (boards) with merged columns and swimlanes, enabling many new custom scenarios.
- New TimeLine Workflow for Portfolio Management.
- Card Tokens that allow you to block cards or additionally mark them with a certain label for categorization.
- New Copy-Sync of properties between linked cards.
- Dashboard Analytics Widgets
- Enhancements like Board Backgrounds, REST API V2.
- New product design with focus on UX, performance and usability.
Note: You can find the full list of updates in the What's New section inside the 6.x and 7.x articles.
All new and existing clients that have been subscribed after January 2017 are running already evergreen on the newest Versions 7+ of Kanbanize.
The rest of the customers with older subscriptions were left on that old version Kanbanize (5.17) without any updates and changes.
Why was this version split introduced?
For the past 5 years up to 2018, we have been adding new features and enhancements, generating more and more customer value, while keeping the same subscription price as a grandfathering/appreciation to our loyal and long time subscribed customers.
With the new evolved and way more powerful Kanbanize 7+, our new customers are also gaining way more value in return and this impacted the new subscription prices.
The new subscription costs have been increased from Jan, 2018 to reflect the new versions offering and value. Detailed and information about the actual pricing can be found on our web page.
We believe in fair value offerings and we'll do our best to keep You (our customer) happy and successful with your Kanbanize subscription. That's why in this economical situation we grant the upgrade to the new version at no extra costs!