"What has changed?"
In January, 2018, we released a new version of Kanbanize (6.0) with which we introduced new features and a lot of product enhancements.
Some of the significant changes are as follows:
- New Board Designer that allows creating very custom workflows (boards) with merged columns and swimlanes, enabling many new custom scenarios.
- Card Tokens that allow you to block cards or additionally mark them with a certain label for categorization.
- New Copy-Sync of properties between linked cards.
- Advanced usage of the Portfolio lane and respectively the Initiatives.
- Enhancements like Board Backgrounds, REST API V2.
- New product design with focus on UX, performance and usability.
Note: You can find the full list of updates in the What's New section inside the 6.x articles.
All new customers and customers that have been subscribed after January 2017 are split and converted to the newest Versions 6+ of Kanbanize.
The rest of the customers with older subscriptions are left on the latest version from last year Kanbanize (5.17).
“Why this new version was introduced?”
For the past 5 years, we have been adding new features and enhancements, generating more and more customer value, while keeping the same subscription price as a grandfathering/appreciation to our loyal and long time subscribed customers.
With the new evolved and way more powerful Kanbanize 6.0, our new customers are also gaining way more value in return and this impacted the new subscription prices.
"What are the costs?"
The costs of the subscription have been increased from Jan, 2018 to reflect the new Version (6.0) offering and value. Detailed and information about the actual pricing can be found on our web page.
Please note, that for Version (5.17), the costs are kept the same as before and you could still renew and use the old product version with the same conditions.
“What does it mean for me?”
If you see a note on your Payment Panel that you are still running on 5.17 you have two options:
- Contact our Customer Success / Sales Team (email@example.com) to offer you a discount plan and help you upgrade to the newest version.
- You could continue to run your business on the old Kanbanize (5.17). It is a trusted, stable and secure solution that helps you thrive and, as always, our friendly Support Team is standing by to give you assistance with any questions or technical issues you might have.
We believe in fair value offerings and we'll do our best to keep You (our customer) happy and successful with your Kanbanize subscription.