The Process Efficiency widget operates per Board and helps teams to keep an eye on how efficient their process is. This widget automatically generates the efficiency metric. It calculates the ratio between value-adding time and the lead time required to complete the work and provides the results in percentage.
To get more details about the process efficiency mechanism, please check the dedicated article.
- The cycle time configuration of your Board is crucial for the proper work of the efficiency widget calculator. Make sure that the system tracks the time that each card spends in the different process stages.
- The efficiency widget works only for workflows where columns are marked as "activity" or "queue". This setup is configured via the workflow designer.
Once added, the widget shows the efficiency metric of the selected workflow and indicates Improvement or Regression compared to the previous period.
2. How to add the Efficiency widget on your Dashboard?
STEP 1: Open a custom Dashboard of your choice and select Add Widget to open the "Widgets" dedicated panel.
STEP 2: Select the "Process Еfficiency" widget.
Configure your widget using the Board minimap tool:
(1) Select the board from the dropdown menu for which you wish to measure the process efficiency.
The Board minimap instantly visualizes the current board structure.
(2) Select the workflow for which the efficiency widget collects data. It can be either one flow (single swimlane) or all swimlanes on the board. To select more than one swimlane, use CTRL and click on the lanes to mark them in blue. The widget will automatically calculate the efficiency of the specified flows and when you save it, then it will be added to your Dashboard.
3. How to manage the"Efficiency widget" settings?
Once you add the widget to your Dashboard, you can further configure it. Use the settings menu to open the "Configure Process Efficiency Widget" panel.
Click the first link to add a filter and select your criteria (1).
Filters help you monitor data for a particular assignee, groups of cards, and cards with certain priority, color, size, type, or reporter. You can even calculate the efficiency for a single card of interest, filtered by its ID, or all cards created on a date of your choice. Similar to other widget configurations, you are able to include all of your custom fields in the filter.
(2) You can use the link to change the board or the swimlane and get the new efficiency result.
(3) Define the time frame for the metric. You can get the efficiency metric for:
- This week
- This Month
- Last week
- Last month
- Last 7 days
- Last 14 days
- Last 30 days
(4) Setting up a filter that excludes weekends, outliers, and focuses on specific intervals can also give you better accuracy for your widget’s calculations:
- Exclude weekends when efficiency is calculated.
- Remove the values that "lies outside" (are much smaller or larger than) most of the other values in a set of data using the interquartile range (IQR) method.
- Calculate the efficiency only for a desired period of the day.
Using the three dots icon of the Efficiency widget you can also perform the following actions:
- Rename the widget.
- Switch to Half or Full View and respectively, reduce the size of the widget to make space for more widgets on your custom Dashboard or expand the widget.
- Remove the Widget from your Dashboard.
4. How to refresh your widget?
The widget is automatically refreshed once per day. Click the refresh icon if you want to refresh the widget manually.
- To learn more details about the efficiency and how it gest calculated, please check the dedicated article.
- To learn more about the other predefined widgets in Kanbanize, please check the dedicated article.
- To learn how to create your custom widgets in Kanbanize, please refer to the dedicated article.
- to learn how to track efficiency, using the Flow Efficiency Analytics chart, please check the dedicated article.