The Process Efficiency widget operates per Board and helps teams to keep an eye on how efficient their process is. This widget automatically generates the efficiency metric.
It calculates the ratio between value-adding time and the lead time required to complete the work and provides the results in percentage.
To get more details about the process efficiency mechanism, please check the dedicated article.
- The cycle time configuration is crucial for the proper work of the efficiency widget calculator. Make sure that you have configured your flow and the system tracks the cards' cycle time in the different process stages.
- The efficiency widget works only for workflows where columns are marked as "activity" or "queue". This setup is configured via the workflow designer.
Once added, the widget shows the efficiency metric of the selected workflow and indicates Improvement or Regression compared to the previous period.
2. How to add the Efficiency widget on your Dashboard?
Step 1: To add the Process Efficiency Widget, go to the Retractable menu (the plus icon to the right bottom side of your Dashboard) and select "Add Widget".
Step 2: Click the predefined process Еfficiency widget.
Set up the widget configurations via the Board minimap tool:
(1) Select the board from the dropdown menu for which you wish to measure the process efficiency.
The Board minimap instantly visualizes the current board structure.
(2) Select the flow for which the efficiency widget collects data. It can be either one flow (single swimlane) or all swimlanes on the board. To select more than one swimlanes, select CTRL and click on the lanes to mark them in blue. The widget will automatically calculate the efficiency of the specified flows.
When you Save your settings, the widget will be added and you can go to the Dashboard.
The Widget is pinned to the right side of the Dashboard interface and you can instantly see the first efficiency results for the selected environment.
3. How to manage the"Efficiency widget" settings?
Click the three dots icon and select Settings to open the "Configure Process Efficiency Widget" panel.
Filters help you monitor data for a particular assignee, groups of cards, and cards with specific: priority, color, size, type, or reporter. You can even calculate the efficiency for a single card of interest, filtered by its ID, or all cards created on a date of your choice. Similarly to other widget configurations, you are able to include all of your custom fields in the filter.
Click the first link to add a filter and select your criteria (1).
(2) Change the board or the lane and get the efficiency result.
(3) Define the time frame for the metric. You can get the efficiency metric for:
- This week
- This Month
- Last week
- Last month
- Last 7 days
- Last 14 days
- Last 30 days
Setting up a filter which excludes weekends, outliers, and focuses on specific intervals can also give you better accuracy for your widget’s calculations.
* Exclude weekends when efficiency is calculated
* Remove the values that "lies outside" (are much smaller or larger than) most of the other values in a set of data using the interquartile range (IQR) method.
* Calculate the efficiency only for a desired period of the day.
Using the three dots icon of the Efficiency widget you can also:
- Rename the widget
- Switch to Half or Full View and respectively, reduce the size of the widget to make space for more widgets on your Dashboard or expand the widget.
- Remove the Widget from your Dashboard.
4. How to refresh your widget?
The widget is automatically refreshed once per day. Click the refresh icon if you want to refresh the widget manually.
The Process Efficiency Widgets panel is designed to serve as a motherboard for multiple efficiency widgets showing at a glance the efficiency metric (%) of different workflows in your account.
Click the panel settings and select "Add Widget" to add more efficiency widgets for other boards.
As a result, you can quickly see and monitor the process efficiency of different teams in your organization.
- To learn more details about the efficiency and how it gest calculated, please check the dedicated article.
- To learn more about the other predefined widgets in Kanbanize, please check the dedicated article.
- To learn how to create your custom widgets in Kanbanize, please refer to the dedicated article.