1. Color the Entire Card
With Product Update 6.17, users can configure their preferences for the cards' appearance.
The new setting provides an alternative card coloring that covers the entire card body (2).
In this way, cards stand out more on the Kanban board and help users to easily identify priority, type of
work or an assignee.
In order to apply color to the entire card surface, go to the Board sidebar to the right of your board interface and select the Card/Board Settings. Then checkmark the "Color Entire Card Surface" option to toggle between the partially colorized card and the entirely colorized card.
Note: This configuration is an individual preference. It is applied per user and not globally for all users in the account.
2. Custom Card ID
Every card in Kanbanize has a unique card ID (internal ID) which is like the serial number of the card.
With this product update, users can replace the internal card ID with a custom work item ID to match their company numeral system.
The unique card identifier facilitates simultaneous work with several systems.
Well-designed IDs can help you to sort and group tasks for reports as well as to easily identify the collection of task properties across systems.
The Custom Card ID filed is available as an option in the Card fields.
Select it (1) to make the field available on the card (2) and fill in the custom ID number.
Update the card (3) and the value you entered will replace the internal card ID, which is visible at the top left corner of the card.
Note: The internal card ID will be preserved in the system. If you remove the Custom ID for some reason, the system will automatically replace it with the internal ID to ensure proper task tracking and reporting in Kanbanize.
Both the Custom Card ID and the Internal Card ID are available properties in the following product functionalities:
- Advanced Search Panel
- Business Rules
- Email notifications
- Web Service Invoke
3. Card Type Improvements
Users can easily and quickly categorize their work from the top left corner of the card.
If the specific card type is not selected, users will see the default type icon. Click on it to open a drop-down menu and select one of the available card type options.
The dedicated "New card type" panel allows you to select a color (1) that is associated with the new card type.
The system allows you to override (2) the card color when applying а card type.
Note: If this option is selected, users will be not able to manually change the card color as long as the card is of a certain type.
From the drop-down menu (3) you can select the boards where the new type will be applied.
4. Copy and paste multiple cards
Simply select that cards that you want to copy using the left mouse button.
Then right-click on any of the selected cards to open the Context menu and select Simple copy.
The system opens a mini-map with the representation of your boards' structure and you can select the position where cards to be pasted. The system does not restrict you to paste the cards in the same board, so you can use the drop-down menu and select any of the boards in your account.
When you point out the position, the cards will be instantly duplicated.
5. Improved Board Members panel
6. New Security Controls options
Two new security controls options are available with the newest product release.
- Workspace Managers can delete boards
- Workspace templates can be made available externally
Delete Boards control (1):
If this option is switched on, Workspace Managers will be able to delete boards that they are assigned to. In case the option is disabled, only Account Owners will be able to delete boards.
Workspace Templates control (2):
This option allows making the Workspace Templates available to users in different Kanbanize accounts, where they sign-in with the same registered email address. If disabled the templates will be available only for this account.
Important: As of this release the global permissions will be switched off by default, which will impact the current system behavior. Workspace Managers need explicit permissions to delete boards and share Workspace templates. Only Account Owners can provide them with such.
7. Workspace Templates enhancements
With this release, we enhanced the Workspace templates management in several aspects:
- The Workspace Templates can have more than one owners. When you share the template with multiple users, you can select who can edit the existing template (New).
Otherwise, users will be able to re-use the template, without making any modifications.
- If you grant all users in the account with access to the template, then a new option will appear at the bottom of the panel. If you select it, the system will automatically share the template with every new user that joins the account.
- Previously, users accessed their templates as well as shared templates in every Kanbanize account associated with their registered email address.
Important: With Product Release 6.17, this system behavior has changed. Accessing templates externally should be allowed on two levels:
1) Globally for the account
2) Per template
Global setting (1): Account Owners should allow this globally for the account, using the new Security control in the Administration panel: Workspace templates can be made available externally
It's a one-time action.
Local setting (2): once allowed globally for the account, users get access to the Advanced Settings in the "Create New Workspace Template" panel.
Checkmark the box if you want to share the template across accounts.
- The "Shared with me" section is now renamed to "External Templates".
It contains Workspace Templates from external accounts that have been shared with you.
8. New Single Sign-on configuration options
- Disable Kanbanize login, only SSO login is applied for all users: all users will be using the SSO login panel and will not be able to access Kanbanize outside this page.
- Allow Kanbanize login for users with Account Owner privileges: users with Account Owner privileges will be able to sign in using the Kanbanize login screen. All other users will sign in to Kanbanize using only their SSO login panel.
- Allow Kanbanize login for users with Manage Integrations privileges: users with Manage Integrations privileges will be able to sign in using the Kanbanize login screen. All other users will sign in to Kanbanize using their SSO login panel.
- Allow Kanbanize and SSO login for all users: any user can sign in to Kanbanize using either Kanbanize login screen or their SSO login page. This option is very useful if you want to allow people without account in your IdP to log in Kanbanize.
These options are available at the bottom of the Single Sign-on integration panel in Kanbanize.