1. Timeline Improvements
Version 6.19 of Kanbanize is bringing several enhancements of the Timeline Initiatives for a better experience and visual appearance.
- Sticky Title of long-term Initiatives
Now the titles of Timeline Initiatives remain visible even when you can't see where the initiative began.
- Timeline Initiative UX improvements
Additional visibility improvements:
- the Initiative header is now highlighted and the progress indicator stands out more.
- the plus icon, which is used to create new child cards is now positioned in front of the linked cards.
- The days of delay tooltip that appears on hover when the initiative is behind schedule has a fresh new design.
Better initiative visualization on quick initiative creation
Right-click or double-click on the track area to create a new Timeline Initiative. In version 6.19, this interface got a visual makeover. You can use it to quickly create new Initiatives.
2. Create multiple columns in the Initiatives Workflow
Note: The Initiatives move automatically only when entering a new stage: Requested -> In Progress -> Done. When a child card moves into a new section, the parent Initiative moves to the first column in the respective section. To reflect the Initiative's status with the new columns, you can set up custom automation with Business Rules or move the initiatives manually into the next stage at the team meetings.
* Open the image in a new tab to get a closer look.
3. Security and Audit Logs Improvements
Kanbanize 6.19 provides several new levels of security controls.
- Global Workspace Management Permissions
The new security controls aim to improve the Workspace and board management experience and increase security. They control the Workspace manager's ability to create and delete Workspaces and boards, which is a global authorization.
- The new Security control name is: Only Account Owners can create workspaces and boards (1).
If enabled, it allows the creation of workspaces and boards only by Account Owners.
If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to create boards too.
- The previously named security control "Workspace Managers can delete boards" is now renamed to "Only Account Owners can delete workspaces and boards" (2). If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to delete the boards that they are assigned to.
- Workspace Templates Logs
With Product Version 6.19, the system will keep a record of all actions performed on Workspaces Templates in the Audit Logs. Each action is listed as a separate event and all events within a selected timeframe are chronologically ordered. The logged events related to Workspace template are as follows:
- Create a new template
- Update template( title and description)
- Replace structure of the template
- Add user to template
- Remove user from template
- Change user's access
Note: These logs are also available in API v2.
4. A new Archive/Unarchive button in the card Context menu
Archiving completed cards is the best way to maintain your board clean and keep historical records of your work. Now, you can also restore the items at any time you need to see them.
With Product release 6.19, we facilitated the manual cards' archiving and unarchiving.
If a card is located in the "Done" column and you want to archive it immediately, you have to open the card Context menu and select the button Archive. The card will be stored in the system permanent archive.
When you need to restore the card from the archive storage, you can click the Card Settings of the corresponding card and Unarchive it.
5. Other Product Improvements
- CARD IMPROVEMENTS
- New section in the card Metrics tab
There is a new section in the Card Metrics tab that reflects the card cycle time for deleted columns. Very often the workflow changes as columns are added or deleted and this impacts the cycle time of the cards that go through affected stages.
When deleting a column the system first prompts you to choose where you want to move the cards to (1). You have to select any of the columns in your flow, which you consider appropriate.
To avoid losing the cycle time data associated with the column you deleted, select where you want to move it to (2). Choosing any of the available columns, for example, "In progress" might lead to further confusion, because the cycle time data from the two columns will be summed up.
However, if you select "Discard the data", the card cycle time for the deleted column will be stored in a separate section in the Metrics tab.
The new section named "Deleted columns" stores and displays the cycle time of the cards that have been in the column, which no longer exists on the board.
- New Subtask configuration option
The subtask view configuration options in the Card settings panel is now extended.
If users select "Only unfinished", the system will automatically hide subtasks that are checked as completed on the card preview.
- Revamped Tooltip of linked cards
The new design of the Card Links tooltips aims to provide a clear picture of the linked card's values. It displays the information in a more structured way. Hover the cursor over the linked card icon and the tooltip will appear.
- Comment count on Comments tab
For everyday work with the cards, it is very useful to see the number of comments in the respective tab, without opening it. This way, you can get a very quick idea if the task has initiated further team discussion, mentions or remarks.
- Copy and Synchronize Custom Card ID
With Product Version 6.19, users can copy and sync the Custom Card ID property when creating links between cards. This allows you to populate the Custom Card ID field based on the values of the linked cards.
- BOARD WORKFLOW UI IMPROVEMENTS
- Hide column name on merged areas
Previously, a merged column across several swimlanes inherited the name of the main column and it appeared twice. Note that with this release, the name is not duplicated and it remains at the top of the column.
- No value in the column/lane headers if the WIP limit is "0"
If the Account Owner or the Workflow Manager has not set up a WIP limit for a column or a swimlane, there will be no value in their headers. Previously, the system displayed "0".
- Improved Workflow editor
Having multiple workflows in a single board structure is a common setup for many teams.
With this release, we enhanced the workflow editor mode. Now you can navigate multiple workflows with a single horizontal scroll that remains always visible and accessible no matter where you are in the editor. This makes navigation easier, especially on complex boards with a big number of workflows and columns.
- Workflow Templates Improvements
With this release, when you create and save a new Workspace template all blockers and stickers from the original one will be preserved by default.
6. Mobile Improvements
The feature is still in beta so you have to explicitly enable it from the app settings.
Let us know if you miss any features of the old view as we plan to discontinue its support in the future.