1. А New Card Design (Beta Version)
With Kanbanize 6.5, we introduce a new design of the cards. All card properties are preserved with a substantial change of their locations on the card area. The card's appearance is boosted with a Position Control that shows every stage of the workflow and lets you pinpoint where the card is currently at.
To try our new Card Design -> open any of the cards on your Board and click on the "Try out cards V.2" button at the top right side of the card to update the cards' details version across the account.
All cards in the account will be switched to the new design:
The card "dissection" below shows the new card structure and the location of all pertinent card properties and functionalities.
- The following card details (left to right) are positioned in the top right side of the card header:
- Card Color - use it to select a card color from the color palette.
- Card Priority - set up a card priority.
- Card Template - apply one of the templates that you have created.
- Card Settings - provides a shortcut to a lot of useful functionalities.
- Close the card.
Just click on any of the icons to input a card related value.
- The right side of the card has three expandable menus:
- In the Card Fields menu, users can define: Assignee, Deadline, Size, External link, Tags.
Use the plus icon (+) if you want to add: a Card Type; Watchers or the Custom fields that you have created for the board.
- The Attachments menu displays all files attached to the card. Use the plus icon (+) to upload a file from your computer; Dropbox; Box; Google Drive or OneDrive.
- The Links Overview menu displays all card relations in the system and their type of links. Click on any of the links to open the related card.
Use the plus icon (+) to link the current card with existing cards in the system and to instantly establish their type of relation.
- The appearance of the card is enhanced with a Position Control view located at its bottom.
It mirrors the workflow stages of the board where the selected card is currently located.
All stages that cards have already passed through are colored in grey. Users can easily identify the current position of the card - it is marked with the icon matching the color of the stage.
You can click on any of the stages ahead -> just update your card and it will be immediately moved to the desired position.
Click on the arrow icon located left to the Position Control to expand/collapse the Board and Swimlane control.
- To move the card in a different board -> use the In Board link to select the new board and the card position via the minimap.
- To move the card in a different swimlane on the same board -> use the Swimlane link and define the lane.
2. Links Management Enhancements
With product Update 6.5, we introduced major link management enhancements and way better link visualization.
If all types of links are present in a card (Cards V.2), they will be displayed in the default order, which is as follows:
- predecessor (curved arrow)
- parent (arrow points up)
- child (arrow points down)
- relative (right arrow)
- mirror (parallel opposite arrows)
- successor (curved arrow)
Users can manually change the order of the links (Cards V.2) -> open the card and go to the Links Overview menu, where all links are displayed -> hover on any of the links and place it in the desired position.
3. Other Product Enhancements
- With the new release, all blocked cards in the Board view of the Links tab will be marked with the blocked card symbol for better identification and visualization.
- Revision control integrations are now supporting merge events -> upon execution it is added as a comment to the Kanbanize card. The title of the merge/pull request should contain the Card ID where the comment is to be added.
During the integration setup, the different set of webhooks should be activated.
- GitHub -> Pull requests
GitLab -> Merge request events
Bitbucket -> Pull Request/Merged
4. Mobile App
iOS - Use custom search filter as Today widget
In the previous update we added widgets for the 5 built-in search filters - "Assigned To Me", "Blocked Assigned To Me", "Overdue Assigned To Me", "Overdue" and "Initiatives In Progress". Now we add another one that allows you to choose a custom search filter you have saved from the web app. To take advantage of this new feature first verify that you have Version 2.44. Then open the app and tap Menu -> Settings -> Custom Search Filter and select the one you would like to use. Then go to your iOS Today screen, tap the "Edit" button at the bottom and select the new "K: Custom Search Filter" widget.