1. What are widgets?
Widgets provide users with summarized information and handy shortcuts, directly on the Dashboard. They can be an excellent info point to key Kanbanize items that might need attention (i.e. "cards assigned to me", "blocked cards", "overdue cards", etc).
In Kanbanize, there are two types of widgets: Predefined Widgets and Custom Widgets.
Once added, widgets appear to the right side of your Dashboard and provide quick access to the respective cards and boards.
Important: Every user can configure the whichever widgets they want to see the exact information they need.
2. Overview of the predefined widgets
The list of predefined widgets in Kanbanize is as follows:
- Cards Assigned To Me displays all cards (located in the Requested and In Progress columns), across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you. This will shorten the time you require to catch up to the tasks for which you are responsible.
- Overdue Cards shows all the cards with overdue deadlines, which are not in the columns Done or in the Archive. This widget is useful for both Account Owners and users because it gives an overview of the cards on the boards (to which the user has access) which were not completed on time.
- Overdue Cards Assigned To Me: it displays all overdue cards, across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you (it shows only cards located in "Requested" and "In Progress" columns).
- Blocked Cards Assigned To Me: it displays all blocked cards, across all projects and boards, which are assigned to you.
- Process Efficiency: it displays how efficient your process is. Read about the Process Efficiency widget in the dedicated article.
- Initiatives in Progress: it displays all selected boards in separate blue sections along with the corresponding Initiatives, which are currently in progress. You can add other boards to the widget using the Selected Boards option in the menu.
3. How to add a predefined widget?
Step 1: Open the Retractable menu (the plus sign) to the bottom right corner of your dashboard and select ADD WIDGET.
Step 2: You can select any of the following predefined widgets and it will instantly appear on your dashboard.
4. How to manage your predefined widget settings?
Once you add a widget to your dashboard, it becomes customizable.
Each widget has a settings menu (the three dots icon), from which you can complete the following actions:
Settings: You can configure what results you want the widget to display. For example, the image above shows 5 columns: Card ID, Tite, Priority, Board Name, Section.
You have tremendous flexibility in configuring what columns of information you want in your widget.
Click "Settings" then select any of the pills and it will become available as a column in the widget table.
If you want to remove a column, deselect the respective pill and apply the changes.
Note: The custom fields you have added to your board will also be available to be used as filters during this step.
Export: export the widget data in an Excel spreadsheet.
Rename: change the name of the Widget.
Switch to Half-View: reduce the size of the widget's panel to make space for more widgets on your dashboard (Switch to Half-View). Switch back to Full-View to expand the widget's panel.
Remove: remove the widget from your dashboard.
5. How to refresh your widget?
The information in the widgets is automatically refreshed once per day.
You can manually refresh your widgets via the refresh button, located at the upper right corner.
To learn more about the custom widgets, please check the dedicated article.