1. What are widgets?
Widgets provide users with summarized information and handy shortcuts. They can be an excellent info point to key flow and performance metrics, which are vital for your business.
In Kanbanize, there are two types of widgets: Predefined Widgets and Custom Widgets.
Every user can individually configure whichever widgets they want to see.
2. Overview of the predefined widgets
There are 26 predefined widgets in Kanbanize.
Some of them are designed to instantly provide information about your workflow, related tasks, and performance. Every widget requires minimum configuration efforts to display data for the defined time frame, board, and workflow.
- Cards Assigned To Me displays all cards (located in the Requested and In Progress sections), across all projects and boards, which are assigned to the user who created the widget. This will shorten the time you require to catch up to the tasks for which you are responsible.
- Overdue Cards shows all the cards with overdue deadlines, which are located in the Requested and In Progress sections. This widget is useful for both Account Owners and users because it gives an overview of the cards on the boards (to which the user has access) which were not completed on time.
- Overdue Cards Assigned To Me: it displays all overdue cards across all projects and boards, which are assigned to the user who created the widget. It shows only cards located in the Requested and In Progress sections.
- Blocked Cards Assigned To Me: it displays all blocked cards across all projects and boards which are assigned to the user who created the widget.
- Timeline Report: The new "Timeline Report" widget shows a traffic light status (red/yellow/green) of all Initiatives (both started and completed) in the selected Timeline workflow. The status indicates if the progress of already started initiatives goes in accordance with the initial plan and also pinpoints progress delays. In a quick glimpse, you can see if completed initiatives are finished on time or with a delay. For more information, please check the following articles.
- Process Efficiency: it displays how efficient your process is. Read about the Process Efficiency widget in the dedicated article.
- Initiatives in Progress: it displays all selected boards in separate blue sections along with the corresponding Initiatives, which are currently in progress. You can add other boards to the widget using the Selected Boards option in the menu.
- Boards Flow Metrics: provides a high-level throughput overview on a single or multiple boards. For more information, please check the following articles.
- Rich Text Widget: provides the ability to add a block of text to be displayed on your dashboard pages. The most common use-case scenario would be to use the widget for storing important information about your board/workflow processes, procedures, and best practices. The widget also allows embedding video URLs using the 'insert media' functionality. Please note that for the time being, only YouTube video URLs are supported.
- The "Power BI Report" widget allows you to embed Power BI reports directly on your Kanbnize dashboard. Please, check out this article to learn all about the Kanbanize integration with Power BI.
To further boost the Analytics functionality, we have added 15 widgets that correspond to each analytics chart. You can pin selected widgets directly on your custom Dashboard, so you don't have to navigate to different screens to track your most important metrics. Each widget has its own configuration panel, which allows you to select the workflows that will be monitored. Moreover, users can set up their widgets to simultaneously track metrics of workflows that belong to different boards.
3. How to add a predefined widget?
Kanbanize allows you to create multiple custom dashboards with a highly customizable layout to meet the unique needs of your organization.
The main purpose of the dashboards is to provide insight into the key metrics and critical business information. A well-designed dashboard will keep all vital information on one screen to help you make actionable decisions.
Once you create a custom dashboard, open it and select "Add Widgets" (1) to open a dedicated panel with all predefined and custom search reports widgets.
Open a Dashboard and select "Add Widget" to open the dedicated Widgets panel and select widgets that will instantly visualize on your custom Dashboard.
Each Dashboard can contain a maximum of 10 widgets.
Kanbanize allows you to combine Widgets and Workspaces in a logical group that makes sense to you and your Dashboard context. To learn more about custom dashboards, please check the dedicated article.
4. How to manage your predefined widget settings?
Once you add a widget to your custom dashboard, you can further customize it.
Each widget has a settings menu (the three dots icon), from which you can complete the following actions:
- Rename: change the name of the Widget.
- Refresh: reload the widget with fresh data.
- Settings: You have tremendous flexibility in configuring what data will be displayed by your widget.
- Expand/Collapse: open or close the data portion of the widget in order to conserve space on the dashboard.
- Toggle Sidebar: reduce the size of the widget's panel to make space for more widgets on your dashboard). Switch back to expand the widget's panel.
- Remove: remove the widget from your custom dashboard.
5. How to refresh your widget?
The information in the widgets is automatically refreshed once per day.
You can manually refresh your widgets via the refresh button, located in the upper right corner.
You can also refresh all widgets on a given Dashboard by navigating to this menu:
To learn more about the custom widgets, please check the dedicated article.