One of the most common use case scenarios in your daily work is locating and tracking different tasks. Having more cards on your board will lead to spending more time gazing into different tasks in order to find out the right ones. We believe that even with many tasks, columns and swim-lanes one should be able to navigate and locate the required information with the same speed as if there were only a few cards.
The Board filter is a sideboard panel, where you could quite easily filter your board view and change your criteria on the go in order to filter out the information which is relevant to your search.
To access the Board filter, go to the Sidebar and click the Board filter icon.
2. How to make use of the board filter?
The Board Filter works per board. You can use it to quickly find a card on the current board.
The sidebar tool allows you to filter cards by: ID; Assignee; Title (keyword) or Tags (img.1).
Just enter any of the criteria to apply the filter. The board will be filtered instantly and only cards that match the criteria you specified will be displayed.
Important: The filter is applied only over the viewable area of your board. Tasks in collapsed columns and swim-lanes are ignored. At the moment you expand a column or a swim-lane, the filter will be applied over the tasks located there.
The Board filter panel allows you to select/specify criteria for cards to be displayed on the board.
For example: filter your board by Assignee and specify the name of the user from the dropdown list. Only cards assigned to the selected user will be displayed on the board. If you select "self" you will get displayed only cards assigned to yourself.
You can select the "or" option to add more values for the certain card property. In that particular example, when you select a second assignee, the board will instantly display cards assigned to both users.
The small green enabler on the right of each property will color the area in green indicating when the filter is switched on for the criterion.
To remove the filter:
-> switch off the green checkmark
-> or close the green indicator "Board filter is on" at the top of the panel by selecting "x". The tab also displays the number of cards matching your search.
Using the Board Filter tool, you can filter by:
- Assignee is /is not (select a username from the dropdown)
- Deadline is / is not / before / after / is between / is in (x days ago) / was more than (x days ago)
- Priority is /is not (Critical, High, Average, Low)
- Color is /is not (select the color)
- Tag is / is not / contains / does not contain
- Size is equal to / is not equal to / is greater than / is lesser than
- Type is / is not
- Blocked state is/is not (blocked)
- Watched by
- Attachments are/are not present
- Cards is/ is not Linked (Parent, Children, Relatove, Successor, Predecessor).
Note: Users can filter out all linked cards in a certain board. Moreover, they can use the filter to instantly find all cards that are linked to a certain card or an Initiative as parent/children/relative/successor/predecessor.
- Custom Fields: If you have added custom fields to your board, they will be also available as filter criteria in your board filter (e.g. "2nd Contributor", "Last Modified", custom fields from type "Dropdown", etc.).
3. How to save and share your Board filter?
The system allows users to save board filters in order to quickly load them again when needed (without configuring the properties) as well as share them with other registered Kanabnize users.
Configure your filter and click Save at the bottom of the Board filter (1). Type the Filter name (2).
Note that the description field is optional.
(3) You can share the filter with internal users. Just select their names from the dropdown menu. Every time you share a filter with a user, they receive an email notification.
Note: All shared board filters become available for the selected users in the Load panel at the bottom of their Board filters.
Save the filter!
4. How to load/edit/delete a board filter?
To apply saved filters, click the Load icon at the bottom of the Board filter panel and select the corresponding filter name.
- To edit the filter name -> use the gear icon.
- To delete a filter -> use the trash icon.