Initiatives get created at the Initiatives Workflow or at the Timeline workflow.
When you create your first Initiative, you are supposed to input initiative-related data in the corresponding card fields. For Example: Title, an Assignee, Deadline, Size, etc.
Then click the ADD button on the bottom right corner to create it.
Important: The Initiative as an item has the same properties as the Kanban card. For more information, check the dedicated article.
Below you can see how the closed view of the Initiative that you just created looks like.
It is outlined in red.
A closer look at the initiative shows each icon that corresponds to an initiative property (type, subtasks, custom fields, size, tag, comments, external link, priority, cyle & logged time, deadline, links), numbered 1 to 12. Important: Icons appear only when a corresponding property value is set. For example, if there are no subtasks or custom fields' entries, the icons will be hidden.
(1) Type - hover over the icon to see the current Initiative type. Click once to change the type.
(2) Subtasks - click once on the Subtask icon to display all subtasks of the Initiative. Double click to toggle subtasks for all Initiatives. To close the details, click the icon again or refresh (F5) your board.
(3) Custom Fields- click once on the icon to display all custom fields for the Initiative. Double click to toggle custom fields for all Initiatives. To close the details, click the icon again or refresh (F5) your board.
(4) Size - hover over the icon to see how big the task is. Click once to re-size the Initiative.
(5) Tag - hover over the icon to see the tag name. Click once to change the tag and set it up.
(6) Comment - hover over the icon to see the number of comments. Click once to open the Comments section of the Initiative.
(7) External Link - hover over the icon to see the external link. Click once to open a box and change it.
(8) Priority - hover over the icon to see the Initiative priority.
Note: The priority icon displays when card priority is set to: low, high, critical. When the priority is set to "average" the icon is not visible.
(9) Cycle Time - the icon displays card Cycle time. Click on it to open the card Metrics tab.
(10) Logged Time - the icon displays logged time for this card. Click on it to open the log time panel for additional entries.
(11) Deadline - the icon displays the Initiative deadline. Click to open the calendar picker.
(12) Links - there is no change in the visualization, compared to the previous product version. Each child card, linked to the Initiative, is represented by a colored rectangle.
The change we made improves the overview visibility of all card's links, irrespective of the link type. Click the empty space next to the last rectangle to display all existing links (parent, child, relative, successor, predecessor) of the respective card. To close the list of links, click on the same area again or refresh (F5) your board.
Click on the icons numbered (1) Subtasks, (3) Custom fields, (12) Links to have a combined view of the respective properties. To close the details, click the icons again or refresh your board.