1.How to switch your card to the new details view?
To try our new Card Design -> open any of the cards on your Board and click on the "Try out cards V.2" button at the top right side of the card to update the cards' details version across the account.
All cards in the account will be switched to the new design:
2. Description of the Card properties and functionalities
The card "dissection" below shows the new card structure and the location of all pertinent card properties and functionalities.
- The following card details (left to right) are positioned in the top right side of the card header:
- Card Color - use it to select a card color from the color palette.
- Card Priority - set up a card priority.
- Card Template - apply one of the templates that you have created.
- Card Settings - provides a shortcut to a lot of useful functionalities.
- Close the card.
Just click on any of the icons to input a card related value.
- The right side of the card has three expandable menus:
- In the Card Fields menu, users can define: Assignee, Deadline, Size, External link, Tags.
Use the plus icon (+) if you want to add: a Card Type; Watchers or the Custom fields that you have created for the board.
- The Attachments menu displays all files attached to the card. Use the plus icon (+) to upload a file from your computer; Dropbox; Box; Google Drive or OneDrive.
- The Links Overview menu displays all card relations in the system and their type of links. Click on any of the links to open the related card.
Use the plus icon (+) to link the current card with existing cards in the system and to instantly establish their type of relation.
- The appearance of the card is enhanced with a Position Control view located at its bottom.
It mirrors the workflow stages of the board where the selected card is currently located.
All stages that cards have already passed through are colored in grey. Users can easily identify the current position of the card - it is marked with the icon matching the color of the stage.
You can click on any of the stages ahead -> just update your card and it will be immediately moved to the desired position.
Note: In case that you have too many stages/columns just scroll the Position Control to see all of them.
Click on the arrow icon located left to the Position Control to expand/collapse the Board and Swimlane control.
- To move the card in a different board -> use the In Board link to select the new board and the card position via the minimap.
- To move the card in a different swimlane on the same board -> use the Swimlane link and define the lane.
3. Description of the Kanban card Tabs
- Details: In this tab, you can give a description of the task in the dedicated field.
The Details tab gives you an access to all card properties and to the Position Control view of the card.
- Subtasks: In the second tab of the card you can create and visualize the subtasks of the card. The subtask is an element of completing a larger and more complex task.
The system allows you to assign the subtasks to different users in the account. Via the settings icon, you can edit or delete a subtask. Checkmark the subtask to mark it as completed.
- Comments: In this tab, you can add comments relevant to the task. In case that you have set up an email integration, you can even send and receive emails from/in the Comments tab. If you mention users in the comment section via the "@" symbol, they will receive an email or system notifications that will re-direct them to the card.
- History: In this tab, you can view the history log of the card - all activities or card changes that have happened. The following information is provided: event name, author, details, date.
- Metrics: In the Metrics tab you can get an overview of the lead time and the logged time for the card.
- Links: This tab gives you complete control of the links of each card that you open. You can create new links, monitor the status of existing ones in a Kanban Board/Table/Graph view, and even create new links to related cards.